Chapter 32 - !!!!!!

Start from the beginning

"Sir you realize that you're being charged with theft, right?" One of the officers said as Jionni sat down at the table.

Jionni stared angrily at the wall, not saying a thing as the other officer walked inside.

"Yeah, this one has a long rap sheet already." The second officer said. "It won't take long to book him."

"Do you understand your charges, sir?"

Jionni remained silent as the officers walked over to him.

"Stand up."

"Excuse me, but my client won't be doing that."

Jionni and the officers looked at the door as Jionni's lawyer walked into the room.

"Do you have proof that my client stole whatever it is that you're talking about?" His lawyer asked as Diana walked into the room.

"We have a confession."

Diana looked over at Jionni, folding her arms.

"You confessed to this, Jionni?"

Jionni looked up at his mother, then looked at the officers. Since he no longer had to put up a front for Melissa, he decided to start looking out for himself.

"I only said dat' shit cause her parents was there. I ain't steal nothin'..." Jionni lied, slumping back in his chair and looking to the side. "I found dat bracelet outside of dey' house. Dey need to learn how to keep up wit' dey shit...."

"So you're telling us you made a false confession?" The first officer scoffed, not believing him. "Come on, now-"

"Did you see him steal any bracelet in front of your eyes?" The lawyer asked.

The officers looked at each other, looking down.

"Well the man called us and said-"

"This could've been a set up or anything. And unless you have solid evidence that he stole this bracelet out of the home, then you have no rights to hold my client. Come on, Jionni." The man said as Jionni stood up. "If you do find some evidence, you take it to the courts and have them send out an arrest for him. Otherwise, you gentlemen have a good night."

Jionni dodged a bullet. A MAJOR bullet. And when he got home, he told Djuan. the entire story. He sat at in his living room as his D'juan sat in the chair diagonal from him, playing on his phone.

"I told you, man-"

"Look D'juan, you can brag some otha' time, but not right nah." Jionni groaned, closing his eyes and placing his hand up. "I'm not in the mood-"

"I don't give a fuck. I warned you 'bout hoes like her." D'juan said in a serious tone, looking up at him. "She almost put yo' ass in jail twice AND her parents 'ont like you. What the hell you was still stickin' around fo'?"

Jionni stared angrily off into space again as D'juan kept going.

"You thought I was bein' an asshole when I was lookin' out fo' you. You chose some broad ova' yo' own blood." D'juan scoffed, still on his phone. "You say blood ova' water all da time but you sure as hell don't rep it."

Jionni looked at D'juan as D'juan looked back up at him.

"I'm sorry, fam." Jionni said in a low tone. "I ain't mean ta' betray you like dat."

"Mook gone and his girl got pregnant by anotha' nigga 3 months afta' his death afta' they was togetha' for 3 years." D'juan continued. "And you don't thank that dese hoes ain't dese hoes ain't shit? Psh."