Part 3

You're in for a shock guyys... ;}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"stay, (Y/N)." the king called out, stopping you at the entrance.

...

The doors closed shut and left a dull noise to echo through the room.

It was just you, Sollin, and the King who were left. The air was very tense between the two, and you knew it by the way they stared each other down.

The king spoke seethingly to Sollin, "You know damn well we don't stand a chance against the First Order. I have to get rid of anyone who opposes them, for the sake of Takodana. for the sake of the people."

Sollin replied clearly vexed "Some of us don't think this will make our lives better, Kile. Killing our people just so the Order doesn't breath down our necks is exactly why people will become miserable."

You walked over to a column and stood beside it making yourself as invisible as possible, you didn't really want to be involved in their hostile argument. you'd rather be somewhere else... but you couldn't help but wonder what was happening between the two. Something was going on besides the argument they were having, but you couldn't tell. Sollin was an advisor to the king, but not a very liked person, by the way his Majesty he talked about him.

"So what do you propose? Because I've already talked to them about an alliance, I can't step out of the agreement now. There's no other way, I have to do this." the king stood up from his chair, meandering in front of it, his eyes fixed to the large Lancet windows in the room, deep in thought.

"yes. there is." Sollin replied with urgency in his voice.

"...what?" the king turned his focus to the robed man who now glided towards him, his robes fluttering lightly behind. Everything about him was flawless and angelic, even when he spoke "hide them. keep them out of sight from the Order's eyes." You saw no reason why the king hated him... well maybe for how elegant he was, sure...

"So I lie to them........ Sollin, they'll find them no matter what, they'll kill us all in the end. anyone who hides their enemies is a dead man." The king threw his hands in the air. you'd never seen the king faulting this much, even when he had an advisor in his presence. He always seemed so calm and collective, at times he would get angry, yes. but never frustrated or worried.

Sollin stared at the king, his eyes softened to a loving look, a look mothers would give when they listened to their worried sons.

Then in one swift and sudden movement, he embraced the king with his arms wrapping snuggly around his waist. His head laid on the king's chest. The king faltered back, and briefly looked at you, you could tell from the masked dread on his face that this was something he didn't want his subjects to see. You yourself were taken aback a bit from this moment, it was so personal. It was hard to tell, but it seemed like Sollin and... the king were a couple.

You had to admit at first, you didn't see the tension between the two was anything but rivalry and friendly rancor but now you understood it to be a lover's quarrel hidden behind the politics. You nodded slightly to reassure him that this wasn't a bad thing to be doing, the king nodded back before turning his attention back to the robbed man. his arms wrapped around the shoulders of him, pulling him deeper into the hug, and his head laid on his.

You turned away, taking your interest to the food table. This was their moment.

To be honest, you weren't sure why or what you were still doing here in the room. The King and his love were having some private time. Well, it didn't matter; you took an apple from the table and bite into it. All of the agreements and discussions in the past few months the King and Sollin discussed were all so rigid; whether we should or shouldn't be with the First Order. 

The Order did help us with stopping crimes and establishing a new governing system... even though we never asked for it. And because of that, we should think that they are good allies to have. Right?

Unlike the resistance, who were nothing but sores for the First Order, fighting because they didn't like change. They were just people who wanted independence and didn't want others interfering with their worlds... Like us... 

You took another bite of the apple, you could hear the two whisper sweetly to each other.

You hadn't seen Sollin before, in fact, this was your first time seeing him. You have heard a lot about him from the king as he was much talk in most of his conversations. You assumed he was a close friend or a much-hated rival.

I guess you could confirm that assumption as false now.

Their whispers turned to little lip smacks, which you couldn't help and a peek at them just to tame your curiosity.

The king's head was angled down towards his advisor in a deep kiss, his one arm holding his companion up for support. His Majesty was quite tall compared to his advisor so despite holding him up Sollin was on tiptoes when he kissed back.

Sollin had his hands draping restfully on the nape of his lover's neck, while the king's other hand clenched his hair pulling his head back deepening the kiss.

You had to admit they were so sweet together. A rugged man and a pristine gent, a perfect match really.

You felt a rush of heat to your face as you as watched them, a bit embarrassed; you wished there was a special someone for you who'd love you like that.

Sollin broke the kiss and gazed deeply into the king's eyes, he looked heartbroken "I love you. But my heart is with the people, Kile. And I'll do anything to stop you from doing this." he looked down and lightly pushed him away, giving some distance between themselves.

But his majesty quickly grabbed his arm, his eyes pleading with him "Sollin, I have no choice. please."

Sollin blinked, taking his time to answer back, but he was half-hearted in his response, "doesn't matter." he tugged his arm back lightly, but that only made the king retract him closer.

"If I go ahead with it? what... what will happen to us?"

Sollin looked down not wanting to look at his face, "we'll see." was all Sollin could muster before he pulled his arm away from him and left, leaving the king awestruck. You too were shocked, but some part of you knew that this was a breaking point for them. you pitied his majesty, this was a precious moment for them but all of that meant nothing when the political stuff got in the way.

Sollin left, and you walked up to the king, who was now sitting back on his seat.

"...your majesty, are you alright?" you replied with hesitance.

"I want you to round up all those rebels..." he coldly said.

And with that, he meekly got out of his seat and strode out of the throne room.

The room suddenly looked grimmer than it should have been, you looked down trying to understand what your new assignment meant.

He's gonna kill them. You gulped mentally at that idea. That would mean everyone on Takodana was a suspect now, even your family and friends. you especially.

You shook your head, no; no one you knew or you were resistance sympathizers. You were sure of that...

Right?

Huxelrebe: Armitage Hux x Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें