It was a week since chick flick left, Clare dubbed him that after I told her, and I was behind the counter. I served the pale customers who were clearly vampires their twilight tickets and put on a fake smile for the next person. Looking at the golden-haired boy in front of me my lips twitched into a smile. "Hey there." I grinned.

"Hi," he grinned, sheepishly. "One for new moon."

"Sure you can handle that?" he gave a sarcastic smile to me and I laughed lightly. I tapped the screen and the ticket came out. "Anything else?"

"Um, one medium butter popcorn, a blue slush and your name." I smiled and updated his order.

"Ok, that'll be $10.50"

His face scrunched up to one of confusion. "You sure, its normally more." He said as he handed over a $20.

"Friends and family discount." I smiled. I gave him his snack, drink and ticket. "It's (Y/N)."

"Jace."

Jace went into the theatre and resumed my job. I filled Clare in on what happened and she squealed slightly. Thank god he was already in the theatre.

I was aimlessly staring into space when the movie finished and people flooded out. As I saw Jace pass I sent him a smile which he returned. I swear his eyes were slightly red.

At least once a week Jace would come in to see a chick flick. We couldn't speak much but we had a small conversation every now and then after his film finished.

The cinema was pretty much dead when I next saw him. he and a group of other shadowhunters walked in as I stood next to Clare. "Do you think they're in a gang? Look at their matching tats."

"I've got these ones." I chuckled at her panicked face. I walked over to the till to greet them. There was Jace, a tall dark-haired boy, a similar looking girl, a short ginger and a flamboyantly dressed Asian man. I mean who wears glittery pink shirts and purple waistcoat to some random cinema downtown. "Hi, what can I get you?"

"5 tickets to the dark night." The tall boy spoke, not even looking at me. "3 large butter popcorns and 5 blue slushes."

"Ok," I muttered as I started ringing them up.

"Oh, and some nachos, please." The redhead added.

I smiled at her. "No problem." At least she had manners. As I was pouring their drinks I glanced at Jace. "Sure you want to see this movie? I'm pretty sure mean girls is on." I spoke lowly and with a smirk.

"We're sure." The dark haired girl spoke.

I jumped at her words. "Forgot about your tats," I muttered, barely audible, but I saw the tall one cock an eyebrow. "That'll be $56.75."

The flamboyant one handed over the money but the tall shadowhunters eyes never left me. "Thanks." He said slowly as I handed over their stuff. I gave a tight-lipped smile and quickly turned back to Clare.

We barely had any more customers that night. It was kind of unusual since the sun had set so there were normally some vamps catching the last screening. They'd probably got wind of the shadowhunters.

Clare had to leave early for a family thing so I agreed to close up. It was around half past midnight and I was staring at the clock waiting for the last movie to finish. I had cleaned mopped the toilets, cleaned the counters, wiped everything down and had even swept the main entrance. As soon as I could I was closing this place. I had an eery feeling and I wanted out. I don't know if it's because of the demon hunters or the fact that there was hardly anyone here. Something just wasn't right.

Sure enough, right as credits started rolling the shadow hunters came out the theatre. They had been the only ones in there and I hope there isn't a huge mess. I smiled at them as they left.

What was strange was they stood outside the cinema, just looking around. I gulped and went into the empty screening. The tech guys had cut the credits short so it was silent. I looked around and saw that it was basically spotless. At least I didn't have to do anything.

As I walked back into the main part I jumped at the figure standing near the till. "Jace."

"Hey," He turned to face me. "when does your shift end?"

I froze for a second before slapping myself internally. "Um, as soon as I close the till." He nodded and watched as I did just that.

As I was powering it off the tech guy, James, walked out. I meet James before I started working here. My brother was in his pack and he got me the job. "You ok to close up?" I asked him. he saw Jace and smirked.

"Of course."

I grabbed my bag which I left under the counter and walked towards the door. Jace followed. "How are you getting home."

"I borrowed my brother's car."

"I'll walk you." Jace stepped closer to me as we walked. I noticed his friends standing near the cinema watching us. The tall one seemed on edge, just like the rest of them. "You're a friend, James, is he a fighter?"

"Um, yeah, why?" I asked, startled by the question. I assume he can fight because of the werewolf thing.

"Just curious." He smiled.

As we got to my car I unlocked it and got in. he shut the door for me and went to walk away. I quickly rolled down my window and shouted out. "Wait!" He turned back and walked closer. "Why did you walk me out? Is there a demon or something?" I whispered the last part. His eyes went wide for a moment. "I know what you are."

He nodded. "Let's just say..." he started slowly. "some vamps and wolfs are having a disagreement tonight." I paled and thought of my brother and James. "Nothing we cant handle. I want you to go home, lock the doors and have a good nights sleep. I'll visit you at work tomorrow. Ok?" I nodded and put the car in drive.

That night I barely slept. I was scared for my brother but I had asked and he said nothing was happening. Could I believe him?

The next day I went to work but it wasn't Jace that came. The tall shadowhunter from the night before walked in. "You need to come with me." I froze. "Now."

Clare couldn't even see this man. I told her I was going on break and left. "Where are we going?"

"It's best if you don't talk. They might hear you."

Turns out my brother was up to something. And now they wanted me to get to him.

Shadowhunter imagines and preferencesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara