2

Dean died not too long after writing his final letter to Cas. He passed peacefully in his sleep, the box full of letters clutched in his hands. Dean didn't know what death would be like. He didnt know what came after life. He wasnt expecting what came, however.

(Dean POV)
I could feel myself slip out of my body as I slept, the monitor I was connected to producing a single monotonous beep. I stood there, hovering over my body as I lay lifeless. I didn't know what to do, where to go, so I just stood there. I didn't stand for long, however, for that stereotypical beam of white light blinded me, forcing me to close my eyes. I didn't know what was going on untill the light subsided, allowing me to open my eyes. What I saw made my eyes water immediately.

In front of me was the, no, our, beach, the exact way we left it. The grey blue waves rolled in and out in a calming manner. I looked around and realized I was wearing the red makinaw I wore the day we went to the beach. As the breeze blew through my hair, I realized I wasn't old anymore. I was as old as I was the day we went to the beach. I looked around the beach, watching as seagulls flew over me and landed at a man sitting on a blanket, tossing them bread.

I immideately started walking torwards the man, hoping it was who I thought it was. I started to sprint torwards him, stopping a few feet in front if him as he gazed at the sea.

"Cas?" I asked quietly, surprised when he turned to me as if he heard. As our gazes met, my heart ached, recognising the blue vibrant eyes immidiately. A smile tugged at the corners of my mouth as looked at the love of my life that died over 20 years ago.

His face fell for a second before he got up and ran torwards me, engulfing me in a tight hug. I hugged back as hot tears spilled out of my eyes, falling onto the back of his grey jacket. We stayed like that for a while, until Cas pulled back, staring me in the eyes.
"Dean, i-is that really y-you?" Cas asked hesitantly, his eyes full of disbelief.
"Yup, It's really me. I'm here" I replied, my voice wavering a bit. He smiled the widest smile and kissed me like there was no tommorow. Actually, thinking about it, there probably Isn't a tommorow, but thats besides the point.

He pulled away, cupping my face as he gazed into my eyes. He smiled the most beautiful smile I had ever seen.

"You kiss pretty good for a dead person."
"Shut up."
As he registered the thought, his eyes widened with fear and sadness.
"Wait, Dean, are you d-dead?"
My smile quickly faded. He started to cry again as he looked at me.
"Hey Cas, It's ok. Im here now."
"But, h-how?"
"It's a long story."
I hugged him, soon after leading him to the blanket he was sitting in. We sat and looked to the ocean holding hands. He turned to me, his eyes red from crying.
"What year did you die?"
"2004."
"Oh."
He looked back to the ocean, then back to the bread on the other side of him. He grabbed the bag and handed me a slice of bread.
"Where do you get this stuff since you're dead." I deadpanned.
He shrugged
"I don't know, I just think about it and it appears beside me."
I smiled.
"How have you been, being here for 23 years?" I asked, taking a bite of the bread instead of throwing it to the seagulls.
"It doesnt feel like I've been here for that long."
He threw a piece of bread to a seagull, watching as another one flew down and fought for the slice of bread. I smiled and told him about life after he died. He smiled when I talked about Abigail, about Sam getting to work for the best law firm in L.A., about how Jess had become a successful chef.
As I neared the end, I thought about what Cas had said.

"I dont know, I just think about it and it appears to me."

I closed my eyes and thought hard. I focused on what I wanted, my eyes squeezed tightly.

I didn't stop until I felt a small box in my hands. I opened my eyes slowly to see the box I had put all my letters to Cas in. I looked to Cas, who looked at the box in curiosity.
"Whats that?"
"Here, open it."
Cas opened the box and gazed at the letters, crying as he picked up the first letter.
He read the letters as the seagulls flew over our heads, the sea periodically crashing against the sand. I look over to see Cas's face as he read the last letter I wrote him. I felt a few tears roll down my face as Cas laughed at the part of the letter describing the memory. His laugh was so beautiful, I can't describe how much I missed it. He looked up from the letter to meet my gaze, holding onto the letter lightly.

 We just stared at each other for the longest time. I drowned in his blue eyes as he did the same to me. And even know we were dead in whatever heaven this was. Even though we had been through so much heartbreak, loss, grief, death. Even though the road leading to the destination was rocky, the destination was worth it. Cas was worth it. And as Cas grabbed my hand, squeezing it lovingly without breaking eye contact, I knew.

Theres no place I'd rather be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well that was trash