"Deja, are you listening to me?" He asked.

"No." I didn't want to lie to him. He sighed as we walked past Lucas' locker.

"Thank you for being honest, I guess... Anyways, I was talking about the pregnancy test-"

"What?"

"The pregnancy test in Lucas' locker. Do you know who the mom of his child is?" He asked.

"I'm not sure if he was telling the truth but-"

"So you know," he said. I nodded.

I felt bad that he had to die before his child knew he was the father. I also felt bad because it'd be a lot harder to tell Zach and convince him that Peyton's baby isn't his.

"But I first need to work things out and figure this whole mess out. It's still kind of confusing," I said. He nodded.

We walked into the lunch room. We separated to sit with our friends, but instead of walking to Kyle first, I took a turn and walked into territory that I would never have imagined walking into. The Narcissistic Popular's. Also know as, where Bridget and her minions along with Lucas' old squad who were all in an apparent mourning of their group leader. Bridget was still sniffling since she found out last night. Peyton was sitting across the table from her.

"Bridget?" She looked up and saw me. "I need to talk to you."

"What do you want?" She asked throwing attitude and sass like she always does when she sees me. "I don't socialize with people like you."

A few of the girls laughed.

"It's important," I said. She rolled her eyes and got up. We walked over and stood next to the stairs leading downstairs.

"What did you want?"

"Are you pregnant?" I asked.

"No, what?!"

"Lucas said he has a kid," I said. Her face went pale.

"You talked to Lucas?"

"Yeah, I talked to him last night before he died."

"What did he tell you?"

"He told me that the kid in Peyton's stomach is his, but that's Zach's kid..." I noticed she wasn't making eye contact. "The baby is Lucas'..."

She nodded. "You can't tell anyone though."

"It's not fair to Zach! Zach thinks that's his baby. Do you know how that can negatively affect his career?" I asked. 

"Lucas walked off on Peyton and the baby."

"That doesn't mean she should lie to Zach and tell him it's his!"

"Are you going to tell him?" She said.

"Well, duh. He's my friend and he deserves to know the whole truth. And if he still loves her after that, he'll still raise the baby," I said.

"You didn't hear it from me though," she said slowly walked away with her hands up.

"I won't mention your name, I promise."

I walked to Kyle's table. He shared his lunch with me like always and we talked about prom. I looked over and saw Jayden laughing with his friends. He turned and smiled at me from across the room. He still hadn't asked me and it was starting to eat at me like crazy. 

...

"Zach?" I said into the phone.

"Yeah?" I smiled.

F R E E ✔ [completed]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें