Chapter 2

"How old are you anyway?" I asked Jason.

He stared straight ahead, his eyes never looking straight at us, which seemed a teeny bit suspicious. He ran his hand through his dark brown hair, and sighed.

"I'm sixteen."

Feren's eyes widened. I gave him a look, telling him to keep down his excitement of a new friend. We're supposed to bring him to Rey, and let her and the others decide what to do next. There was no need for Feren and I to take care of this boy. We found him in the woods, who knows how long it was since he had bath.

We continued to walk in, and as we reached the large golden doors, I knocked loudly. Almost immediately, the two doors opened wide, revealing Rey, who looked like she had aged. I had barely last seen her a week ago, and now she looked much much older. Her tired brown eyes swept over us, her eyes lingering upon Jason.

She walked over to us, inspecting Jason thoroughly. She seemed uneasy in Jason's presence, as if it reminded her of something terrible.

"Leave us alone, we must talk," Rey ushered us out.

The doors slammed shut themselves, and we began to walk away. I hoped we wouldn't ever have to see that kid again. Maybe Rey will send him back with Dahn Malloy, and we'd be presented with something for bringing him immediately to her.

"Gee," Feren shuddered. "That was nice."

I laughed at his saracasm. He always seemed to make to laugh. I still felt werid, after the encounter with Jason. There was something that made me uneasy, like he was terrible news, like something will go around being around him. And what if something did? I shook the thoughts away, I'm being paranoid, he's just a kid. A kid that mysteriously appeared from nowhere.

"Oh well, he'll be gone before you know it," I stated.

"That's true," he said.

We walked in silence, memory of earlier entered my mind, he had wanted to tell me something, something important.

"So what was it that you wanted to tell me earlier?" I asked him.

Feren's face became tinted with pink, his green eyes lowering down to the ground. But before he could respond, Galilea ran in, yelling my name.

"Galilea? What's wrong?" I asked worriedly.

She shook her head, signaling that nothing was wrong. She stopped and panted, waiting to regain her breath from running the long distance.

"R-rey wants you in her office....something about a new transfer?" She answered.

Naturally. Of course that kid would be a transfer, and of course Rey wanted me to help fit the kid within the program. Just my luck. He was young, my age, which meant that his level is the same as my level. He's probably really powerful as well, maybe too powerful.

I've heard the gossip around me and my raw potential. Many people saw me as dangerous, for having such talent, and surpassing my original peers within a short period of time. Others commented on the color of my lightsaber. Purple was a color most Jedi's did not have, few people have had purple lightsabers, like a personal favorite, Mace Windu.  

Usually I brush off my peer's comments, some talk about me falling victim to the dark side easily. I am very quick tempered, and I'll admit, I do strike back to those who do me wrong, not the best trait, but I don't ever let it get too far.

I found myself dreading every step towards Rey's office, but I eventually made my way there. The tall golden doors opened without me needing to knock, revealing the two figures inside. Jason stood their, sheepishly smiling, and Rey standing still. Her long brown hair was tied up, which usually happened when she was troubled. She stared at Jason, with uncertainty, like she could not decide what to make of him. Perhaps she did not fully trust him, so she seemed uneasy around him, like me.

"Jaina, you've already met Jason, correct?" Rey inquires.

"Yes mam," I pipe.

She nods slowly, and proceeds to retrieve Jason's lightsaber, and steps back.

"Well then, I need you too show him around, show him the usual training techniques, and Feren will be his roommate," she instructed.

I nodded, and motioned for Jason to follow me. His amber eyes darted all over, in awe of the place, as we walked through the pearly white corridors. I didn't dare say anything to him, so instead I watched his actions, to see if I detected anything out of place.

His amazement of the temple, seemed to be out of place, was his former temple not like this? I assumed all temple had the same general structuring.

Only one question stayed in my mind, what was it about him that made me queasy?

"Was your temple not like this?" I asked.

He seemed surprised, and pursed his lips.

"Uh, it-it was...but it's a bit different, that's all," he stammered.

I nodded in agreement, and continued walking, hoping to come across Feren. Many people passed, like Galilea, and some others like Kallin and Nimi. We entered the Meditation room, which was really just a door, that opened into a large cavern type of surrounding, where all students came to meditate.

"This is the Meditation Room," I said flatly.

We continued walking, each turn, I would check for any sign of Feren, but no sign came. Jason must've realized this, because he blurted out after the twentieth time I checked.

"Are you looking for your boyfriend?" He asked.

Boyfriend?

"What! Boyfriend? Who said anything about that?!" I cried. "He's my best friend! Like my brother."

Jason stared at me, like as if he didn't believe me. But it was true, me and Feren were best friends, brother and sister. I didn't see Feren as my boyfriend, that would be really werid. And there's no way Feren could see me as his girlfriend. No. No way. Besides Galilea likes him, she had told me one day, that day we were on guard duty.

Jason laughed out loud, after watching my reactions. I just glared at him, until I bumped into someone.

"Oof! Oh, Jaina, hi!" Feren exclaimed.

I smiled, but it faltered when I saw Jason grinning like an idiot.

"Rey put me in charge of him," I stated. "He's your roommate, take him, please."

"Hey! You're supposed to show me around," Jason said loudly.

I whipped around and glared at him.

"He's your roommate," I hissed.

"Jaina, it's okay, I'll show him around," Feren offered. "Come on, buddy."

Jason began walking towards him, and they made their way off, until I called Feren's name. He walked briskly towards me, while Jason shuffled his feet.

"Watch him closely," I whispered. "I don't trust him, at all."