talking in your sleep

Começar do início

'Dark in the city night is a wire

Steam in the subway earth is afire'

Will's hands fell from the doorknob as he listened to the track that was playing. The sound of the guitar and the rhythm of the song was undeniably catchy, and for a moment, he just stood and listened to the music.

Letting his eyes close for several seconds before he remembered his reasoning for approaching Jonathan's bedroom in the first place, Will's eyes fluttered open and his hand returned to the knob. As he wrapped his fingers around the piece, Will took notice of the gentle bob of the door and, understanding now truly why he'd been waken up so easily in the first place, he gave the door a gentle push.

The door gave a gentle creak as it swung open easily, though it went unnoticed as it was drowned out by the volume of the music.

'Woman you want me give me a sign

And catch my breathing even closer behind'

The first thing Will noticed about Jonathan's room was the blankets on his bed. Interestingly, the majority of his bedroom was bathed in neutrals and various shades of grey, in contrast with the colorfully striped lounging blanket that he kept on his bed, thin and knitted tightly. Will couldn't imagine that his mother had made it, but in some way it still looked homemade to him. Film posters papered the walls, making the space almost seem a bit childish compared to it's otherwise mature décor.

Seated at the end of his bed, fully dressed and looking ready for the day, Jonathan sat peacefully gazing down into his lap as he fiddled with something that was out of Will's line of sight. From where the boy stood in the open doorway into the room, Jonathan had his back facing him and the only indication of what his older brother was doing was the thin strap of Jonathan's Pentax draped over his right leg.

The music poured into Will's ears, drowning out any thoughts he could have been forming as his gaze roamed the room. As he stepped inside of Jonathan's bedroom, Will felt thankful for the warmth of the carpeted floor against his bare feet. The older boy hadn't yet noticed Will, and as the younger of the two brothers peered around the room in search of the music's source, he spotted a solid black cassette player sitting on top of Jonathan's dresser.

'In touch with the ground

I'm on the hunt down I'm after you

Smell like I sound I'm lost in a crowd

And I'm hungry like the wolf'

Will Byers crossed his brother's room in silence, slowly but surely padding across the carpet and staring into the face of Jonathan's cassette player. Curious eyes roamed the controls as though he was looking at some sort of science fiction device, and, as Will's eyes landed on the word 'volume' printed clearly in white colored text over a thick black dial, he noticed the subtle hesitation dwelling in the tips of his fingers.

Letting the sound smother him for a few more seconds, Will let his stance rock just slightly to the tempo of the music as he raised a thin hand, twisting the dial back so that it was just loud enough that he could still hear his own thoughts coursing through his brain. Out of the corner of his eye, Will could see Jonathan shift towards the cassette player quickly, as though he'd been zapped from the sudden volume change.

"Oh... hey, buddy" Jonathan spoke, his voice loud enough that he knew Will could hear him but not quite approaching a shout. He looked startled, as though he'd been caught doing something he shouldn't have been. In reality, as Will turned back towards his brother and peered over his shoulder, he could see rather clearly the inner workings of Jonathan's camera splayed open on his lap. In his right hand, he clutched a wound roll of film.