c h a p t e r f i v e

Start from the beginning

"so, lilah?" delilah asked.

"huh?" richie was confused.

"earlier, when i arrived, you called me lilah." delilah elaborated.

"oh yeah. it's just a nickname, unless you would rather me call you something else, babe." richie smirked.

"no thanks, rich. lilah will do just fine." delilah said taking another intake of her cigarette.

as if on cue the rest of the losers club came down the stairs. "dee?" beverly asked as she neared the bottom of the stairs.

delilah just smiled at the group. "what's going on?" delilah was still confused as to what she was doing here.

"let's go on a ride, we'll explain on the way."

the group rode their bikes around, not heading anywhere in particular whilst explaining what had happened and what they saw. beverly was doing most of the talking, seeing as she had experienced it. once beverly finished talking, richie started.

"no, i love being your personal doorman, really!" he said sarcastically, whilst riding his bike around the group instead of next to them. "could you idiots have taken any longer?"

"shut up richie!" eddie said, evidently getting annoyed at his friend

"yeah, shut up richie." stan agreed.

"oh okay, trash the trashmouth, i get it! but hey, i wasn't the one scrubbing the bathroom floor and imagining that her sink went all 'eddie's mom's vagina on halloween". richie commented, still not really believing what they had supposedly seen.

"she didn't imagine." bill defended beverly. "i s-s-saw something too." he added, stopping dead in his tracks which made everyone else do the same, in order to listen to bill.

"you saw blood too?" stan implored.

"not blood." bill said whilst shaking his head. "i s-saw g-g-georgie."

at bill's confession, delilah gasped. if bill had seen his little brother could that mean that she had seen her father? richie took a glance at the girl just to make sure she was okay. he caught her eye and then furrowed his eyebrows as if to ask if she was okay, delilah replied which a small reassuring smile.

"it s-seemed so real. i mean it seems like him but there was this..." bill stopped and it wasn't due to his stutter, he seemed scared to say it.

"clown." eddie finished for him after a moment of silence. "yeah, i saw him too."

bill looked around the group, seeing that ben nodded slightly and stanley gave him a look that told him they'd both seen something. bill looked at delilah as if to ask whether she'd seen or experienced anything strange.

"i might've seen something." delilah added, catching the groups attention. "i thought i saw my dad, yesterday morning, but he's, you know." delilah stopped slightly. "i guess it could've been something else, a hallucination or whatever."

"wait, can only virgins see this stuff? is that why i'm not seeing this shit?" richie asked, seeming to actually be serious. delilah tolled her eyes, but still laughed slightly at his questions.