I possessed everything a man could desire—a stunning fiancée, flourishing career, wealth, looks, you name it. Yet, why the hell was I not contented?

It was because I could not be with the woman I truly loved.

And that was the most agonizing aspect. Desiring someone you should not have.

As I weakly smiled at the dull ceiling, memories of Lorin flooded back, transporting me to that specific moment when I had confronted my feelings for her.

Because that motherfucker Sage Giuseppe Montero was right.

I loved Lorin.

And that was my fucking truth.

A soft chuckle escaped my lips while watching her scowling expression, lips forming a pout, and forehead furrowed in concentration as she focused on her Mathematics notebook.

Bumilis ang pintig ng puso ko habang nakatitig sa kaniya. And I fucking did not know why my heart was reacting like this every time I was with her. I had been admired by many girls but none of them had caught my attention, not even Loris, her twin, which she exactly looked alike.

“Ang hirap naman nito!” she whined as she scratched her scalp with the eraser of her pencil.

That gesture had my eyes shifting from her cute, pouting face to the yellow hairclip in her hair which matched the yellow dress she was wearing. And like that color, the way she wore it, it seemed as if yellow was made for her, enhancing her natural beauty, as if the very sunshine had chosen her as its muse. Lorin Secilia Vicencio exuded a warmth that drew me in like a moth to a flame, and in that moment, I knew I was already falling head over heels for her.

“This is just a simple Math problem, Rin,” sabi ko habang hindi maalis-alis ‘yong malaking ngisi sa labi ko. I never thought that by just staring at someone would already make me happy.

Damn, pussy!

You were such a freaking pussy, Gottfred Damien Figuerroa III!

I moved closer to her and held her at the waist. Ngunit biglang bumitiw din agad ako nang makaramdam ng isang malakas na kuryente mula sa paghawak sa kaniya.

Damn it!

What the fuck was that?

Bahagya akong lumayo sa kaniya dahil sa nangyari. I forced to ignore it, at sa halip ay dinungaw ‘yong ginawa kong pagso-solve sa notebook niya na kanina ko pa itinuturo pero hindi pa rin niya makuha-kuha.

Elementary Mathematics was easy as a pie. In fact, I could solve tricky and difficult problem solvings with my eyes closed. I could even do arithmetic without trying so hard.

This was no brainer.

Why was it so hard for her?

Nakangising umiling-iling ako.

“E, ang hirap kaya nitong fractions!” muling reklamo niya.

Mas lalong lumaki ang ngisi ko nang makita muli ‘yong pagnguso niya.

Damn, those cute lips!

I wanted to be that lips’ first kiss!