Soon Aldo hung up the phone and put it back on the table.

"What did he say?" Dan asked nervously.

Aldo checked the wall clock, which showed it was almost fifteen to 6 PM.

"We have about two hours to pack" he said. "They'll come and pick us up."

"They?" Dan repeated, his stomach making like somersaults already.

"Niall and his mum. I'm not sure if this is a good idea at all."

"Well, uh, it's better than all complete strangers, right?" Dan said, convincing both his brother and himself. More himself.

"Yeah, I guess so" Aldo said biting his lip but then remembered the time. "We better go and pack what we can fit to our suitcases, we can come back to get more anytime."

"What about the...the camera?" Dan asked, almost whispering.

They both looked at it for a few seconds, as if it was something dangerous, which would bite if they touched it.

Because they both knew what would be in there.

"Let's just take it with us and leave it, until we're, uh, until the time's better" Aldo suggested, and his brother nodded agreeing.

They took themselves upstairs and to their bedroom.

Dan took the chair and stood up on it, reaching to the uppermost shelve in their big cabinet which did as a wardrobe and storage for things.

From there he dropped down two suitcases, and then jumped back down and put the chair back out of the way.

Packing clothes to their suitcases, gave them mixed feelings.

They both wanted so much just out of here, out of this house which was full of memories everywhere and out of this atmosphere.

But also, going away from here felt now so hard, almost wrong. But they had made the right choice, and being now sure of that gave them the strength to continue with their packing.

Neither had too many clothes, so they got almost everything with them, plus some extra things and necessities.

Lastly, they packed the camera with them.

The reality began to hit them as the minutes passed by.

They were moving out from this house, their home. They had always lived here, and they didn't think they would move out so young.

They would be at the Meguyer's until something else was decided.

As 8 PM started to get more closer than away, Dan began to get anxious about meeting Niall's family.

It wasn't a big family, but still. Niall's dad and mum, Niall, his twenty years old sister and brother who was around the same age as Dan.

What would they think about him?

They knew about his condition, Niall had told them and Aldo as well.

But he was still nervous, how he would do in another house.

If he went past his current nervousness, he knew he would be alright when he had his brother with him.

The main thing was, in any case, that they'll be together.

At around five to 8 PM, the boys had carried their suitcases downstairs and to the front door.

The atmosphere was wistful and Dan's eyes were wet and Aldo's eyes were in danger, too.

But he didn't allow himself to cry now, because Niall and his mum would be here soon.

Dan and Aldo checked together that everything was alright in the house, lights off and everything.

They thought about what would happen to this house, now that they were moving out.

Keeping it would be surely impossible, now. What would happen?

After the checking round, they put on their winter jackets.

As they were putting on their shoes, they heard a car driving up their driveway.

Dan's breath got caught in his throat and he stopped.

"Dan, everything's okay" Aldo assured, putting his hand on his brother's shoulder. "It's just Niall and his mum."

Aldo switched the hallway lights off and opened the front door and switched the last light off, leaving the house dark.

They took their suitcases and stepped out.

Everything happened like in a haze.

Dan just concentrated on following his brother and trying to keep himself calm.

Aldo kept an eye on his brother while he closed and locked the door. That was it.

This moving out had come again so suddenly, but maybe it was a good thing?

The boys looked at each other and then grabbed their suitcases before walking to the dark grey car.  

---

Please comment what you thought/think of this chapter/story, vote for updates & follow :) Thank youuuu so much for your time reading, I LOVE YOU <3

When That's The Last Hope Left (BxB)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें