How could they manage doing anything, just by themselves?

Even if the thought of new people, new house and everything, scared him...it had to be done.

Things couldn't continue anymore like this.

Aldo clenched his teeth, trying hard not to lose his cool and burst. If Dan wasn't next to him, he would have done it already.

He, too, had to admit they were right. And he hated it.

He thought of Dan and their whole situation. Then he got an idea.

Not a good one, maybe not even possible, but he had to try. For Dan.

"I have a friend who said we can go to his and his family's place, if it comes to it" Aldo said. "Is it enough?"

"That's a good idea, but of course there will be more to it" Mrs. Jameson said, sounding happier. "But for a start it would be a good option for you two. If you tell us their name and the address, so we know how to contact you in future. Being around people, even for Dan, would be now for the best. But take it slowly. Of course, there are these things that have to be taken care of soon, but in your case take it slowly. We don't want to rush and make things worse."

"We're not normally helping this much and in things we will in your case, but as I said last time, your father was a good friend of mine and you have no other family to help you out" Mr. Copelann said. He took this case hard and personally.

"Now, ask your friend's parents if you two can stay with them for now and when that's settled, we'll be in touch for more" Mrs. Jameson said and stood up. "It was nice to see you boys, and don't worry, things will get sorted out and you're not alone. We'll see you soon again."

"Take care, lads" Mr. Copelann said, after some small talk and updating before they would leave.

They had reached the door and soon were gone again.

Aldo sighed and ran a hand through his hair. Then he went back to his brother, who was now again back to himself when the cops had surely gone.

They were both overwhelmed by the new things they were told, what there was to do and deal with, sort out.

"Y-you should call or text Niall" Dan said, opening his mouth for the first time since the door bell had rung almost half an hour ago.

"Are you sure it's a good idea?" Aldo asked, unsure of the whole thing.

"Yes, I think so. We have to admit we need others, we need help."

There were so many things neither of them knew how to do and also, they couldn't handle the pressure and thoughts if they would be alone with them.

"But going to a new house with new people, you're -"

"I'm going to be eventually fine, because I know you'll be with me" Dan cut him off, not going to listen to any of it any longer. "We have to go through many changes no matter what, and I have to get over this thing of mine. This situation we're forced into requires effort from both of us, and I don't want my condition to stop us from getting help. You're with me and we'll take things slowly but surely, okay?"

Aldo hesitated but then sighed in defeat.

"Okay, fine. If you're sure you'll be okay."

"Now," Dan took Aldo's phone from the couch table with a small smile and chucked it on Aldo's lap, "call Niall."

So Aldo called his best friend and he answered.

Dan listened as Aldo told him the situation, but he didn't hear what Niall said and the call wasn't too long.