Part Two ~ Chapter Ten

Start from the beginning

            “Thanks,” I said sarcastically.

            “I didn’t mean that,” he apologized with a smile. (He’s so sweet, isn’t he? What’s not to love about him?) “What I meant was why don’t you have some sort of wacky outfit on?”

            “She claims that she just doesn’t feel like it anymore,” Julia told MB.

            MB scoffed. “Right, that’s it.”

            “Seriously, why the sudden change in opinion?” Matt looked like he sincerely wanted to know, along with Julia and MB. Then there was Andrew, who was still finding this whole thing absolutely hilarious.

            “You really want to know the truth?” I bit my lip. They all nodded. “Well,” I glanced at Andrew before continuing. “Andrew’s been getting on my case about how childish these phases of mine have been. Last night while in bed, I got to thinking about how he was right. I mean, dressing up like a doctor or a detective? It’s seriously pathetic. I realized it was time to grow up.”

            Nobody seemed to know how to respond to my explanation. Yeah, I thought so.

            “But Amy,” Matt tried to convince me out of what I was saying. “These phases are a part of you. They aren’t childish, they’re just what makes you… You.”

            I shook my head. “Well if that means I act like a little kid, then that’s not who I want to be. I’ve changed, Matt, in more ways than you can imagine. I realized it’s time to stop acting like a kid and taking responsibility like a grownup. The circumstances around here have drastically changed.”

            MB gave me a strange look as to what I was talking about, but I just disregarded him.

            Both Matt and Julia knew my words were true. I needed to take responsibility to make sure that one of us didn’t end up dead. I had changed, now life wasn’t just a game for me. I had to be on top of my game all the time, no matter how pained I was by the memories of what I’d endured. Instead, it was my job to act like we each had to just continue on and battle out life as it came. Johnny, Kyle, and Ethan all needed that type of influence.

            “If that’s how you feel,” Julia said, “then I totally support you.”

            I noticed at this point Andrew had stopped laughing. “Not so funny now, is it?” I gave Andrew a droll look.

            His face suddenly took on a serious expression. “Well,” he said uncomfortably, “I didn’t mean for my teasing to actually have an effect on you. I didn’t actually think you would stop with your phases altogether.”

            I shrugged. “Maybe next time you should be more careful.” I saw a guilty shadow cross Andrew’s face, so I decided to soften up on him a bit. “I should actually thank you. Your insults showed me how childish I was being. I really needed that wake-up call.”

            “Whatever,” Andrew shrugged, and he then disappeared off to go get his breakfast.

            “What was that?!” I exclaimed with an exasperated sigh. “Why does he always just keep running off?” Everyone just shrugged.

            “He probably just feels guilty,” Matt said. “First the letter goes missing because we had to wait for him to read it, and now this… Just give him some time.”

            “He shouldn’t feel guilty,” I mumbled. “I’m going to go grab some food.” I walked off towards the line, feeling worse than I should have been. Andrew had been so mean to me, and I made him feel guilty once or twice and I regret it? Something must be wrong with my head.

***

            I wasn’t looking forward to math class with Mr. Grey at all after learning about the note he had sent to Matt. Knowing he might have killed Kathryn was bad enough, but the note was technically actual proof that we weren’t safe. At all.

            Which is why in class I was extra nervous. When Mr. Grey made eye contact with me, I looked away from his piercing eyes quicker than usual, and I was pretty sure he noticed a certain sense of fear in my eyes. He smirked at me before saying my name.

            “Why, Amy Fisher, you look mighty different today.”

            I didn’t say anything. For one, images of that bloodied knife were flashing before my eyes, and I didn’t want to say anything I might just regret.

            “Looks like you’ve stopped your childish ways.”

            “Yes,” was all I replied. Andrew and I exchanged a look, but he then glanced away in a blink of an eye. I had no clue what was up with that guy.

            “One would wonder why,” Mr. Grey chuckled.

            Why was he in such a good mood today? He usually never laughed. I guess he was only laughing because he was making fun of me, but still. The joyful mood must have been due to the fact that he had successfully killed Kathryn and gotten away with it. And he was probably the one that took that letter Kathryn had written to us. That would explain his cheerful expression.

            Mr. Grey- 1. Us- 0.

____________

Sorry, it's sort of a filler =/ Idk if it was just me, but my heart broke when Amy said she wasn't going to go through her quirky phases again... and then Andrew felt so guilty. Then MB was there is was all just- AHHH. Feel so bad for Andrew idk why. I miss Amy with her phases already, but I realized it just makes her seems like a kid, and she's changed and matured. I should stop becoming so emotionally attached. </3

Then there's also the Mr. Grey part, ya know, he's still out to kill them :P Idk how my mind is still focused on Amy's love life lol. I should stop focusing on those things. 

So what do you think? I hope you guys are liking part two... :D I'm very excited for the stuff to come hehehe. School's almost done, so happy! Have six days left and then a four day field trip. WHOOPWHOOP.

I'll upload on Thursday for you peeps. Sorry, next chapter is a filler. But it gets muy dramatic from there, I promise. Peace out!

xx

Ella

Comment, vote, fan<3