Chapter 8

Chapter 8

-Ashley-

The next day Lydia and I were walking down the hallway in school and with me having a smile plastered on my face. Wanna know why? Well it has a little something to do with a certain boy I was with yesterday. Yes, You guessed it; Ricky Black is the reason for this smile across my face. I informed Lydia about what happened at Ricky's house yesterday. Him showing me around his huge house, Us trying to get that stupid project finished, Him cutting my hair and chasing him around his house figuring out that he feared what I was gonna do to him. I failed to mention to her about the picture that I found face down on his nightstand, I still I have to figure that out myself. When I was finished telling her about last night she just burst out laughing which made me laugh along with her.

"He was scared of you?" Lydia said trying to control her laughter.

I nodded my head, "Yop! You should have saw the look on his face it was priceless!" I said opening up my locker. "Though he tried to cover it up and say he wasn't scared."

"He was definitley scared Ash, You have a manic side to you." She said shivering playfully. I just glared at her. Eh, She's right though..I can be rueful. "Hey, I have to go talk to Mrs.Jacobs about this project, I'll meet you in class okay?" I nodded my head as she shut her locker and waved goodbye leaving me alone.

I'm alone.

All alone.

With no one near.

My best friend left me.

For someone else. I sang in a off-key tone in my head humming a tune.

Yeah I'm bored, What can I say Lydia keeps me entertained. I shut my locker having the idea to make my to class. Until I see a tall figure leaning against the lockers making me jump.

"Don't scare me like that." I hissed.

"Sorry sweetheart, I didn't mean to scare you." Ricky said smiling sheepishly. "I just came to say hi."

"Well hi Ricky." I said as a smile tugged at my lips.

"Hey Ashley." He said smiling back at me. My breath hitched when he said my name, I have to say this had to be the first time Ricky actually said my name and not a pet name he came up with.

" I still see I affect you sweetheart." Ricky said smirking and moving closer.

I scoffed. "You have no affect on me what so ever." I lied.

"Oh really?" He said moving close enough that I can feel heat radiating off his body. I backed away but my back hit the lockers. Damn, I forgot I was near the lockers. Ricky's warm minty breath fanned against my cheek as I feel a blush rise at my cheeks and my heart started to race. I heard him chuckle lightly as he backed away.

"I'll see you later, sweetheart." He said as he sent a wink at me and began walking away.

I put my hand over my heart which was pounding rapidly. Why is he doing this? Why is he playing with my emotions? And here I thought I was getting to know the real Ricky Black.

I felt a hand tap my shoulder. I turned around to find Ann Carter glaring straight at me. Ann Carter is the queen bitch of the school and I honestly don't like the fake blonde that stands before me.

"Hi Ashley." Ann said with a fake smile plastered onto her face.

"Uh, Hi Ann." I said. What does she want? "Is there something you want?"

Ann checked her nails and then flipped her hair. "Actually there is something you can do for me." She said in a sickly sweet voice. "I want you to stay away from Ricky Black."