A Little Framework

Hello, readers!

I know you may wish to skip over this, but I would strongly discourage it. This is not credits or averting you to other places, it is a very important message to understanding the story.

I've had nightmares (that I can vaguely remember) since I was four when I was in the backseat of my dad's truck and I began to fall asleep, when I saw the shadows of skulls coming up my leg and at my face. I was startled and kicked the back of mom's seat. When I explained, she was concerned, but I never mentioned anything else.

I haven't quite had a night 'tare' necessarily, and I've only woke up crying once. I've never woken up and screamed, or gone to my parents. I always endured.

I lived in an extremely haunted house for most of my life and apparently my parents always had gnarly fights, but I must have tuned them out. I am an only child in a poor family with working parents, so I was always alone. I was shunned and bullied up through my entire education, and have endured several other means of abuse.

Here is what you need to know the most: This story is literally a compilation. I've been told by several people that I have an extremely active imagination (which came from a lonely childhood) and often get scared when I merely explain my dreams. I very rarely have good dreams. Therefore, I decided to write this because I had a wonderful idea to combine all my nightmares into a story with a logical timeline. The "rule" bit comes from my mind. In my dreams, I'm able to logically think and have learned from past mistakes in nightmares. Essentially, it's like "don't look down" when you're on a bridge. Each rule applies to the chapter somehow.

This is why I will have elements that seem unusual or extremely unrealistic.

I will have another note at the end of the story when it is complete, because I know how I want to write this, and I don't want to leave spoilers here.

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

I hope this clears things up.

NeptuneBlue