Things Change

Chapter Three

Michael's POV

I watch Ivy leave wondering if she's angry at me for calling her nosy. It's probably nothing but I hate the idea of hurting her feelings. Liz grabs my shoulder to get my attention.

" Sorry, what did you say? " I ask.

She smiles kindly at me. " You're in love with her? "

" What? No I-" I start but can't finish. " I mean I do love her. She's my best friend. "

Liz shakes her head. " Oh please darling! Let's try the truth. She said you two are very close. You've known her your whole life. You mean to say that you've never thought about her as more than friends? "

I bite my lip. " She did kiss me once... But it was just a kiss because she was leaving. I didn't want to read more into it. "

" Well, my dear let me tell you this. Ivy is a good girl. Snatch her up and don't let her go. Or someone else will come in and you'll never get your chance. " She said rendering me speechless.

" Are you okay Michael? " She asks.

I think about it for a moment. Liz is a trustworthy person so I know she won't tell anyone. " Ivy is my best friend. We've always been there for each other... Everyone in the family thinks we'll end up together but something has happened that has me thinking something different... Diana kissed me. ".

" Diana? As in Ross? " Liz asks in shock.

I nod slowly.

" Oh Michael, you can't be serious. " She says as her eyebrows furrow.

Blushing I nod again. " Yeah... It was a few weeks ago and it was everything I ever thought it should be. "

Last week we finish filming for the night and she comes into my dressing room after my makeup and prosthetics were removed. At first, I thought it was just an innocent peck on the lips. Until she pushed me against the wall and put her tongue in my mouth. It made me feel wanted and loved in a way I never have before. Not even when Ivy kissed me. It's just something that feels right and I need it.

Ivy's POV

I was in line to purchase a new bottle of Chanel #5. It's my favorite scent and I also got a bottle for Mama K. I was waiting in line when I realized I left my purse in the private dressing room. When I got to the cashier I blushed in embarrassment.

" I left my purse upstairs will you hold this for me? " I asked.

The cashier rolled her eyes and took the bottles. I left the line and headed back up. Just as I was about to walk back in I heard hostel tones.

" Michael do you really think Diana is in love with you? The woman is fourteen years older than you. " Liz scolds.

" She has never lied to me, Liz. " Michael sighs.

" And Ivy? What do you think she'd say about this? " Liz asks.

My heart is beating a million miles a minute. Diana Ross, the woman that gave both of us the platform to make it is in love with him? A lump forms in my throat and I swallow it quickly. I wait a few moments before walking back in.

" I forgot my purse. " I tell them both most likely looking like a deer caught in headlights.

Liz looks at me worriedly and Michael won't look at me at all. I grab my purse and hurry out before I make even more of a spectacle. Rushing back down to the beauty floor I quickly pay and left Saks. If he wants an old woman so be it. I can't date right now anyway.