Chapter Two: The new perspective

On February 5th, 2016 there was a new perspective on Miles Stone.
Earlier that morning before the school bell had rung, and the boys were still piled around outside complimenting each other's trucks, exchanging conversations about what went down over the weekend and who messed around with what girl. Eden Stone (Miles's 15 year old brother) stepped out of Miles truck, proceeding into the double doors leading him into the school.
Eden had a different look on life than most guys. He played a role in each club the school threw at him. He wasn't much into sports but could tell you everything there is to know about each student in his grade.
James Ridley (Emerson's older brother) was constantly causing trouble and today happened to be one of those days.
The bell rung, opening the floodgates. Kids flew out from every other classroom making their way to their lockers and back to class. Once the noise settled down two boys were left in the hallway which happened to be Miles, and James.
James proceeded to grab his text books but also managed to run his mouth.
"I seen a fag getting out from your truck this morning." (Referring to Eden) Turning his head with an eye rolling smirk, James continued to make rude comments to Miles about Eden. Finally Miles replied back.
"Well I happened to see your sister getting off my dick this morning as well."
And in that moment, Miles Stones was no longer the guy everyone had seen him as before earlier that day.
James moved quickly to throw the first punch from behind, pushing, and shoving, not giving Miles a chance to defend himself.
Immediately kids ran out from their classrooms chanting at the top of their lungs demanding more. 
Tuck (Miles best friend) ripped James off of Miles back, slinging him down the hall. Blood ran down the chipped lockers, seeping into the ones below it, and onto the floor.
Everyone stood around in shock until the teachers made their way to the scene.
Every since that day, the Ridley family kept Emerson from Miles, making her promise to keep it that way.