The Sorrow of Which We Drown

Rileighs P.O.V

I was at Thor's house sitting with him to wallow in our sorrows. The reason, Jane and Loki. He had found out that Jane liked Loki. And Loki like Jane. He felt hurt and I did too once I found out. I had loved Loki for a while, but I just never got to tell him. Now, here we are, sitting in silence while watching a movie.

"You OK?" I ask him as he looked up at me. "No. I can't believe that the love of my life loves my brother. And to think, I'm going to be his best man." He said and looked back down. That's another thing. They're getting married tomorrow. I sighed and leaned back. Tears threatening to fall.

We heard the door open and Jane and Loki walk in. "Hey, guys!" Jane says happily. We wave halfheartedly. I looked at Loki and he looked so happy. I looked back down and cleared my throat. "Well, it seems we must be going. I promised Thor I'd take him out to his favorite restaurant tonight."

I said as I stood up. "Right. We will see you both tomorrow." Thor said as he stood up and walked both of us out, not looking back to see them. We finally arrive at the restaurant. I park and we go in and get seated. The waiter left and he started to talk.

"How can you do it?" "What do you mean?" I asked back. "How can you sit there and not be angry?" He asked looking up at me. "In all honesty Thor, I think at this point, I'm too hurt to be angry." I said as our food arrived. We started eating when I spoke up. "And there's not like we can do anything."

"What do you mean by that?" He asked taking a sip of his soda. "I mean, why ruin their relationship, just to make us happy, if it'll make them miserable?" I said as we finished eating. I paid and we left. I drove him to his house and walked him inside because I had forgotten my jacket.

We enter and hear giggling. We go to the living room and Jane and Loki were cuddling. I felt like I just shattered into a million pieces all over again. And I think Thor did too. They see us. "Oh, hey guys how was-" "It was fine." Thor said as he handed me my jacket.

"Thanks. I'll see you tomorrow Thor." I said as we hugged and I walked out as he walked upstairs. I leave and arrive home. I go in and lock the door as I go to my room. I plop on the bed and fell asleep with tear stains on my cheeks.