Tensions (With a Chance of Glitter)

Tensions

The  sky was dark and seemed to have more of a reddish tint to it. This was  huge difference in comparison to the blue skies filled with white clouds  that Rin was used to seeing. So this was Gehenna looked like? This  wasn't quite what Rin expected to see. It was also relatively cool,  which surprised him. He had honestly expected it to be hotter than it  was. However, that wasn't the only thing on his mind.

After just  leaving Yukio behind, Rin couldn't help but feel guilty. Perhaps he was  thinking clearly when he had decided what he did? Amaimon clearly had a  way with words, just enough to cloud his judgment. Rin wasn't sure when  or if he would see Yukio again. On a side note, he would at least be  able to get a good look at Satan, to see what he might really look like.  He could even have a chance to kill him. Foolish thinking most likely.

"We're  almost there, just a little bit longer," Amaimon commented, breaking  the awkward silent (and snapping Rin back into reality) as he looked  back at his half-demon brother, "What's wrong Rin? Don't tell me your  thinking about going to back to Assiah?"

Rin stayed silent for a  moment before finally replying, "Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. I'm just  worried about Yukio. I shouldn't have just left him like that." The  half-demon frowned. "He's probably pretty pissed at me for possibly  betraying him like that."

Amaimon shouldn't have been as surprised  as he was. The younger demon was half human, which also meant that he  felt human emotion. Because of this Rin probably felt some guilt,  despite how everything had changed. Amaimon simply didn't understand the  concept.

"I don't understand you. Why would you want to go back  when all he did was yell at you?" Amaimon asked, scratching his head in  confusion, "You should know that I don't intend on bringing back and  that means you have no way of returning. Besides, I recall you being the  one to make the decision to come here, it's too late to go back on your  word."

Rin knew that Amaimon was right, he had made the decision  and he usually didn't change it his decisions. They were already in  Gehenna, too far in to just turn back. He had to accept the consequences  of his actions but that didn't mean that he had to be happy about it.  But maybe it wasn't just him. Had Amaimon done this on purpose? To  manipulate him enough to cloud his judgement?

"This was your  intention all along, wasn't it? Was it your plan to lure me away from  Yukio?" Rin said, his tone darkening slightly, and shot a glare at  Amaimon, "You only said what you did to trick me. After all, Satan is  the one who wants me down here, right?"

"Alright, you caught me,  of course it was my goal to get you down here but you're only half  right," Amaimon sighed and turned his head to face the opposite  direction, "I was asked to bring you here and at the time I didn't get  what was so special about you. Onii-sama asked me to test you, too, to  see what you can do. However, somewhere along the way I've sort of grown  an... attachment to you." The Demon King's cheeks reddened slightly. "It  was best to get you away from those exorcists, considering how they  treated you."

Rin was caught off guard by Amaimon's comments, not  necessarily the comments about Satan or Mephisto but the other stuff.  Surely this was just some trick. Someone like Amaimon couldn't possibly  care that much. He was a demon after all. The half-demon was about to  reply but at that time Behemoth had reached a relatively large castle.  Soon they would be close to Satan.

Amaimon didn't say anything  after that. Instead all he did was smile sadly at him before leading him  into the building. The hallways were just barely lit. The only source  of light was the torches lit by the all too familiar blue flames.  Despite that it was relatively easy to navigate through the corridors  and soon they were already standing in front of the doors leading to the  throne room.

Formed Bondsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें