His face contorts in drunken shock as he slows.

I shake my head, dizzily. "You will n-never own me."

I set him off with just those words.

"Fuck you!" he shouts, letting go of my arm to hit me. I reach to block him as soon as I'm free but his fist reaches my face.

"Stop-" I gasp, at the blow.

"Fuck- YOU!"

"S-Stop!" I sob, feeling the darkness taking me under once more.

Stop...

"MIA!"

My eyes snap open and I'm out of the seat in seconds, crouched in a defensive stance. My body is drenched in sweat, my clothes are soaked through. Henry is on one knee, still beside the seat, staring at me in shock, one hand on his face.

When he removes it, there's a reddened spot right beside his jaw. I take a breath, and then another, wide-eyed. I... I hit him.

He looks at Ivan, who's standing up in his seat, tense, looking alert.

"Go into the cock pit, Ivan," Henry orders, sternly. Ivan does what he's told to, with reluctance. I'm shaking violently when Henry looks back at me. I'm gaping for words I can't seem to find.

"I-I'm sorry... I didn't mean to-"

Henry holds out his hand, gesturing me over slowly. "Come here, baby."

I shake my head, staring at him, unable to move. He keeps his gaze on me, unwavering.

"Come here," he repeats, gently. My feet work after a moment as I walk towards him.

"I'm sorry, Henry... I-" As soon as I bend down, he wraps his arms around my body, cradling my head with his hand. Speechless, I fall apart onto his shoulders, my body racking with sobs that are so painful, they're completely silent.

"I'm s-so sorry."

"Don't be," he replies immediately, exhaling. "Don't be."

"I don't want you to leave," I whisper, finally. "I'm scared."

"Mia..." he breathes, after a moment, hesitantly. "You have nothing to be frightened of. He's gone."

"I don't want to live without you," I say. "I-I made a mistake, going back to New York. I should have stayed, I should have fought with you."

He exhales, deeply, pulling back. He won't let me see his face. He turns almost immediately. "We- well, we land in an hour if you'd like to take a shower. It will help ease the shivering."

"Come with me," I whisper, pulling out every possible stop I can. He gives me a look of disapproval, immediately making me uneasy.

"Mia, no."

This is bad... really bad. I pull back, slowly, standing up. I wish I could conceal my pain. I wish I could be strong right now. I wish- it doesn't matter what I wish. I can't have what I want.

He stands with me, breathing in. "Mia..."

I hold my hand, stopping him. "I'm sorry I hit you. I will have that shower," I say, coldly, turning. I grab my bag, walking to the hallway.

...

I exit the small bathroom, dressed in jeans and a t-shirt. After setting down my bag onto the floor, I shrug on my jacket, to cover up my bruises. I feel Henry's gaze on me, intently but I don't want to look up.

The bitterness is here.

"I would like you to stay in the apartment I bought for you," he says, after a moment. I shake my head, pursing my lips.

"No, thank you."

"I don't want you to go to a hotel."

"I will get an apartment shortly after I find a job. Don't worry about me. As you said, he's not here anymore."

"Yes," he whispers, uncomfortably. I zip up my jacket halfway, glad we're on the ground.

"I would like you to take the money out of my account, please."

"No, Mia. That is what you will live on."

"It's not mine."

"It doesn't matter."

I look up, feeling my eyes burning. "No, Henry. I don't want it."

His eyes are pleading. "Please, don't hate me."

"I don't," I utter. "I understand."

"You understand what?"

I decide not to answer him. "You've been amazing to me. You've- well, you saved my life. And I'll always be grateful to you for it."

He looks away from me, as if he can't stand what I'm saying.

"I don't want to end this- like this, Mia."

I walk up to him and rest a hand on his shoulder. My lips meet his cheek softly and I swear, I feel my entire heart split in two. I bite my lip as I turn, reaching for my things. I know he can't be seen leaving with me. His jet will take off and circle around later. Ivan is standing by the door, holding the rest of my belongings.

"Goodbye, Henry," I choke, walking towards Ivan.

"I- I love you, Mia," he says, as if he needs to. I raise the top of my hood over my head and escape through the door before he hears my pain.