The beginning

"Rakan! Don't-!" A female's voice echoed in the distance when the blonde haired man jumped into the fight. He was really wounded but he didn't care for himself. As long as he could help his woman to the battle he would continue to fight. Some small 'scratches' wouldn't hold him back. In fact he had plenty of stabs and deep cuts. The men from the Shadow Order were stronger in the last couple of fights. The master of shadows wouldn't fight..yet but this battle felt different.

Xayah could feel that something was going wrong. Not only Rakan was seriously hurt but their enemies.... not only they were stronger but they were more. More, than the plan Xayah had in mind. There must have made an alliance. They were all more skillful and quick. For two people they were clearly too many.

The charmer looked back at her with a small smile drawn on his face "Come miela~"he yelled in a playful manner to calm her down. Even though his voice was calm as always, it hid pain underneath. 

With a jump backwards the Violet Raven glared at the two men who were in front of her. She noticed  their clothes only for just a second till they attack again.

Kinkou.. she thought.

That was bad...that was really bad. They weren't able to fight all of the Ionian clans while being clearly unprepared. The girl gasped when she realized it but she couldn't do anything for now than keep fighting and trying to retreat. She had to think of a way to take both of them out of it. After aiming sharp feathers into their heart, Xayah looked at Rakan before taking a big but quick breath while panting "Plan B.." she hissed tiredly and displeased with the result.

Even though he honestly didn't remember any of the plans, he knew something went wrong only by the expression she made while talking and the tone of her voice.

After punching one of them he returned to his lover with a shift move and gasped quietly in pain. "What happened?" he questioned sharply. Meanwhile he was covering her by standing in front of her. He wrapped his golden wing around her protectively so nobody could hit his precious raven.

'Are you crazy?!' Xayah was so close to yell but her expression showed how worried she was already. She grabbed his hand before taking a step back to pull him with her. This way she dodged a shuriken that flew to their way. She didn't think about it for a second time. She didn't waste any more time. She began to run away while trying to dodge the knives that were thrown on them. Some were hitting on the ground beside their feet,others were landing on trees. Thankfully they were in the forest and they had somewhere to hide.

For a short moment her mind just trailed off.

How could he be so careless?!

She thought. He was already injured and he didn't think twice to cover her up and risk his life. It wasn't that she had no injuries or something like that but....Rakan's  face was full of scratches and blood ran from his nose all the way down to his chin. His hands were dirty because of the dust but his torso....she couldn't look at it. A big line from his chest to his left lower ribs was placed by the blade of someone who obviously didn't live for long. Blood was running down his torso, painting red his trousers and making him almost gasp when he was taking deep breaths. His right side was stabbed already and only his legs were untouched. Thankfully.

He could move at least but...for how long?

His strength started decreasing after some minutes. He tried his best to not fail her and the only thing they didn't need right now was him almost crawling to go hide somewhere.

On the other hand, Xayah's heart would jump out of its cage if they wouldn't stop running. She felt sick when she saw how badly his wounds were. Now that his legs didn't help at all...she couldn't stand it. She had to find somewhere to stop and be safe but... where? Even though they both knew the forest really good, it was too difficult to hide... "Dammit...."she cursed under her breath and stopped suddenly before looking at him