Laura, 'cheating' and guffawing

"Willow, I'm Willow" I told her but the chances where she already knew since the whole class had stared at me after my name was called on the register.

"Coming then and I'll show you to the maths class" She said signalling for me to follow her down the corridor towards what would presumably maths.

"What were you reading in class?" She asked me smiling as we took a turn down the corridor.

"It's called Love Me Back, it's amazing" I told her fantasising about the words written on those crisp pages.

"Why, what's if about?" She asked me and I smiled at her and began explaining the story of the young girl in the book as she is faced with love problems caused by the boy who to most people appear to be a punk boy covered in tattoos but to her he is a kind, considerate boy who loves her with all his heart and tries to do what's best for her but really can cause her to just be left distraught.

"Well, it's about a girl who falls in love with a tattooed punk and her family don't approve but she loves him with all of her heart and ignores her family's advice and dates the boy. She learns that the boy is broken and tries to fix him but just when she thinks they are getting somewhere he always does something to distance himself from her, wether it be leaving her or saying something and he thinks it's what's best for her, to be away from him, but she is always left heartbroken. It's such a complex story with so many webs to weave and I love it, it's truly amazing it's like just an amazing book, with so many branches, so complex to people in love wether outsiders would see it so simple" I explained to her in a way I hoped was clear because it is so complex to explain what the author, Katriana Jones, portrays through the book, it's pure bliss.

"What so you mean it's so simple to outsiders but so complex for them?" She asked me, making me smile, this is the type of question I love to answer, questions about how love is so complex, I have read many a book, most of them love stories and they all show so many dimensions of love.

"Well, it's just like what someone would look at and simply dismiss their situation as stupid and tell the girl to find another boy that isn't tattooed and constantly leaving her distraught, a boy more suited to her, more like her, but opposites attract and now they are madly in love. Leaving each other seems impossible, he can manage to do it, for her though but she can't bring herself to leave him because if she did then it would be for her benefit, she would be the one gaining from it, lessening the heart break and being in a relationship with less flaws possible even none. But leaving him is like she would ruin her own world, she lives him and it's like every time she considers leaving him, he does it instead and she realises that she is nothing without him, just a broken girl, crying in her bedroom, curled into a ball and he is just as bad, drinking to forget and the. Taking drugs but when these numbers wear off the pain is multiplied" I explained trying to portray love.

It's quite a difficult word to describe, love, those four letters, but so many concepts. To those who have never experienced it like me, it seems like a two dimensioned shape, simple, no hidden edges just what you see but to those experiencing it they learn it is more like a three dimensioned shape, hidden corners, you never knew about, hiding, not to be discovered but still there. The dictionary definition of love is simply:
"To like another adult very much and be romantically attracted to them." This is utter rubbish, my books have taught me other wise, love does not only occur with adults, it also occurs in teenagers maybe jot children but not only adults. And it's more than just liking someone, you care for them more than you care for yourself it's like they are you other half and without them you are nothing, simply a person with nothing inside, just blood, guts and bones.

"Have you ever been in love?" She asked me as we came into what must be the maths department because of the numeracy posters covering the walls.

"I was, or at least I thought I was, but after discovering the world of books, I realise my 'love'" I said making air quotes when I said the word love "wasn't real compared to these characters. Although my boyfriend, he wasn't in love with me I was just Willow, the girl he is dating, when the goings got tough he was gone, just like that" I told her my eyes slightly watering up and the though of it but I just shut my eyes tightly and reopened them and began laughing, trying to shake the memory from my head.