Chapter VII---Jason

Jason decided that he would try to stay away from swords and bricks for a while.

Just to avoid getting knocked out anymore.

When he opened his eyes again, he was in the infirmary, and Piper was sitting on a chair next to his bed.

"You okay?" she asked gently.

"I think so." Jason sat up, rubbing his head.

"Good." She planted a kiss on his cheek and stood up. "The others are at breakfast. Can you get up?"

"Sure." Jason swung his feet out of bed and onto the floor, slowly standing up.

They both made their way out of the infirmary and up to the mess hall. Everyone looked up when they walked in.

"You okay, man?" Percy asked, setting down his fork.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine," Jason replied, sitting at his spot at the table.

"So what do we do now?" Hazel asked.

Everyone was silent. It was still wierd to think about the two originals.

"I guess we just get to Athens without getting killed..." Annabeth suggested.

"Yeah, like that's gonna happen. We say that every time," Leo scoffed.

Annabeth glared at him, then sighed. "You're right."

Leo's eyes widened. "Seriously? Wow."

Jason sneaked a look at Piper. She was being unusually quiet, and was inspecting Leo with a look in her eye that Jason didn't like.

"Uh, Pipes, what do you think?"

"What? Oh." Piper blinked, shaking her head a little. "Sorry, what?"

Jason frowned. "We were working out a game plan. Any contributions?"

"Yeah, um, since Hedge, Reyna, and Nico went to Camp Half-Blood, we go to Rome and... Um..." She trailed off with a nervous glance at Jason.

They both spoke at the same time.

"Leo, can I-?"

"Piper, can we-?"

All three of them flushed, but Piper followed Jason into the hall.

"So," Jason said casually, leaning against the wall, "what's up?"

Piper twisted her hair feathers nervously. "Nothing."

"Why were you checking Leo out earlier?"

"Woah, woah, what?! I was not checking him out!"

"Then what's going on?"

Piper sighed. "You wouldn't understand."

"Oh, really?" Jason raised an eyebrow. "Try me."

Piper rolled her eyes. "It's an Aphrodite thing, I meant. That's why you wouldn't understand."

"Really? What's up?"

"I don't know." She sighed again. "Look, I just need to talk to him."

"That's all?" Jason was still hesitant.

"That's all." Piper leaned over and kissed his cheek. "I promise."

"Okay."

++

Yay, an update! Finally! Yeah, I was on a plane for six hours, and Delta changed their policies so I can keep my iPod out the whole time, so I worked on this and FN*. 

Dedication to @BlueMonster22!

Yours in demigodishness and all that. Peace out!

Katia

*for all you who are waiting for an FN update, I finished the chapter, but I was off wifi, so I had to wait until I got home to publish it. When I opened it to proofread one more time, half of it was *poof* gone. GAAAAH. So anyway, I will try to get it up sometime this weekend,

I'm really starting to think Wattpad doesn't like me... :(