Where Is He?

Pairing(s): SehunXKyungsoo (SeSoo)

Sehun scales down the building and lands with a soft thud. He unhooks the harness from his body and runs straight to the fire. He is sweating from head to toe, and has several cuts and bruises on his arms and face, but he doesn't care. Not when he is caught in the fire. Not when Sehun doesn't even know whether he is safe and sound or not.

"Sehun! Stop!" Junmyeon pushes his hands against Sehun's chest as he tries to run into the adjacent blazing building. Sehun pushes him away and continues his sprint into the building.

"Kyungsoo!" Sehun shouts, coughing as black smoke makes its way into his lungs.

"Kyungsoo hyung! Where are you?" Sehun ducks just in time to avoid a falling beam from hitting his head. The beam lands behind him, breaking into pieces. Sehun tries to run down the stairs to the basement, but the fire was too hot; he runs upstairs instead. By now, the smoke is stinging his eyes and he can't see properly. Sehun curses himself for not bringing in a cloth of something to protect himself.

"Kyungsoo!" He screams, and accidentally trips over something, knocking his head against a table. Sehun collapses onto the floor, head spinning and lungs suffocating.

He lets out a whimper. "Soo... Hyung... Where are you?" Sehun feels himself slipping into unconsciousness, head buzzing and eyes blurring. "Soo..."

Sehun winces as he hears loud noises around him. What is happening? He feels so tired all over, and he just wants to sleep. Sehun lets out a groan, and a gasp could be heard.

"Sehun!" Someone squeals, the voice getting louder as Sehun feel the person advancing towards him. "Someone call the doctor! Sehun is waking up!"

Doctor? What? Where is he?

Sehun forces his eyes open, and sees four people looking down at him. He quickly scans through their faces, recognising each one of them but he isn't there. Where's Kyungsoo?

"W—Where's Kyungsoo?" Sehun breathes out, his dry throat leading to a coughing spree right after. The four men immediately adjusts him into a sitting position, two supporting him while another pats his back, while yet another fetches him a glass of water for him to drink.

Sehun pushes the glass of water away and tries to speak again. "Kyung—Kyungsoo..."

No, Sehun," Junmyeon says. "Drink the water first and we'll tell you about Kyungsoo." Sehun whines, but a glare from Junmyeon readily shuts Sehun up and reluctantly opens his mouth to let the water in.

Sehun gulps down the whole glass of water and looks at Junmyeon expectantly.

"Now Sehun ah," Junmyeon begins. "I need you to stay calm, all right? Whatever I say from now onwards might be triggering but you need to promise me you will ground yourself and stay calm."

Sehun hears sirens going off in his head. Stay calm? Has something happened to Kyungsoo? Where's Kyungsoo? Where is he? Where—

"Sehun!" Sehun snaps back into reality to see Junmyeon looking at him with a worried expression.

"T—tell me," Sehun whispers.

30 April 2017