Chapter 2 Marina

Marina smiled back at her sister. "ill cook the meat, if you slice the bread and fruit?" she said grabbing the meat and throwing the fruit playfully at her sister. She heard Cerylia say deal as she turned around to go cook the meat in the small fire pit.  Marina loved cooking, and so she did most of it cause despite what Cerylia says shes not the best cook. Marina laughed to her self as she thought this. She herd her sister humming a tune to herself and she realized it was the song our mother used to sing to us. Marina joined in humming with her sister as they cooked. When everything was finished they ate and talked about the sea and what they wanted in men just silly girl talk. They started to get super tired so they said there goodnight and headed up to their rooms.

                                                                        **********************************

       Wind and rain woke Marina the next day. She headed down stairs looking for her sister. Marina found her sitting at the kitchen table. "Good morning my lovely sister." Marina said sitting next to her. She noticed her sister had already made breakfast, so she thanked her. She and her sister longed to swim today but they were nervous about the weather. They decided to go walk the beach instead. The rain felt refreshing on their skin. As they walked they started to reminisce about the walks they had here with their parents. Marina thought about how much fun it used to be, as she thought she started to think about the tragic accident that cost her parents their lives. She thought about the hurdling winds and the crashing waves that destroyed her world as she knew it. She saw the faces of the fire clan that burned her loving parents into nothing. She saw the surprise and hurt of the merfolks fighting along side of them. She saw the merking give the orders to attack. After that it was all a blur for she had just lost two people so dear to her. Imagining this she started crying and stopped walking. She felt her sister arms wrap themselves around her. She heard her sisters coos of sorrow and sweet shushes. She clung to her sister and cried for awhile. They spent the remainder of the light hours laying and talking on the beach. The weather has seems to calm down. " Race you to a swim" Marina said taking off toward the ocean. She heard the foot steps of her sister running after her. Of course Marina won that race, only cause she cheated slightly. Laughing and giggling they swam pulling at each other and having a grand time. They realized it was getting to late to be out in the ocean safely so they headed back into shore.