Chapter One: Starting From Scratch

Ness' POV
I woke up to the sounds of birds chirping, along with the bright rays of sunshine hitting my face. I slowly started to awake and sat up, I looked around for a moment before standing up, the feeling of wood touching my feet.

I was about to open my window before I realized something.

I wasn't in Onett anymore, which meant I can't do things I usually do.

I can't scream out the window, or jump out of it. I just had to scream internally for now I guess.

I noticed the dust flying around freely as they pleased in my room, lucky. Free to go anywhere, stay anywhere. Unlike me. Forced to move to this new place. Now forced to go school at a place I don't even know.

Mom says it's for the best. While Tracy complains on being uncomfortable.

I agree with her to be honest.

I really want to go back home.

Home, which is known as Onett.

This isn't home. It's just wood, cement, and iron patched up for shelter.

I was disrupted in my thoughts by my little sister, Tracy, shouting at me to hurry up. Right, I have to walk her to her bus stop, then start walking to my school. Great.

I head over to my wooden closet, decorated with photos of Paula, Jeff, Poo, and I. All happy together. I sighed before opening the closet door, to reveal one side having jackets, blue and yellow striped T-Shirts, sneakers, and a whole lot of other stuff. While the other side, very boring, just a line of my uniform, which was black, it was a long sleeved one, alone with long pants and 'outside shoes'.

I hated this.

After changing into my uniform, and putting on my shoes, I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs, I didn't bother to brush my hair since it would get messy anyway, and saw my sister, Tracy.

"Hurry up Ness! You're so slow!" She complained, I rolled my eyes before saying bye to my mom and King, my dog. After exiting the door, I walked my sister to her bus stop, said bye, and started walking to school.

I didn't have a watch so I really didn't know if I was late or not, all I know is that classes start at 8:00.

As I was walking, I remembered Tracy telling me it was 7:30 and her bus comes at 7:40, we got her there at 7:35, and it's been about 20 minutes since I started walking.

Wait a minute.

I ONLY HAVE 5 MINUTES UNTIL THE BELL RINGS?!

I started running as fast my legs could let me, and ended up stumbling near the school entrance, I got up and ran inside, desperately trying not to be late.

I found my locker, took off my outside shoes, put on my inside one, and ran to my class, classroom 1-1, and while I was running there, I bumped into someone.

"Ouch." I mumbled, trying to find my bag.

"Oh god, are you okay?" A voice asked, I looked up to see a very attractive male. He had ginger hair that was gelled, his eyes showed pure concern, he was also wearing the same uniform as I was.