chapter one

"come on, taylor! shoot the ball!"

that's exactly what she did.

taylor samuelson, 5 foot 9 inches, 130 pounds, 15 years old, amazing jump shot and has a phenomenol 3 point range like her sister.

her sister, katie lou samuelson, UConn guard who set the record for most 3 point attempt and makes in a game.

katie lou is the one who shouted for taylor to shoot the ball with 2.3 seconds left in the semifinal round against chino hills at bishop montgomery.

the two rival school who are only separted 25 miles and 35 minutes apart.

the score was 65-67. taylor need to make the shot or else her team would lose against chino hills.

she was at the three point line. she looked at the clock and seen the time.

1.7 seconds left.

she took the shot and fell to the ground. her eyes never left the ball.

the ball was in the air. the ball went in.

taylor won the game by 1 point for them by a buzzer beater.

they beat chino hills again for the third time this season.

all of the bishop montgomery fans crowded the floor to congratulate her.

taylor has never felt so proud of herself until this moment. the first person she looked for was her sister, katie lou samuelson. the one who taught her how to shoot the ball under pressure. how to get a perfect shot that went in 90 percent of the time.

"you did it little sis! you won the game!"

xxx

taylor has heard that for the past 10 minutes now. she's humble. she doesn't believe that she herself won the game. she thinks that the whole team one the game as a whole.

"hey taylor! some people from espn wants to interview you!" said taylor's coach.

taylor looked confused at firsf but then nodded and just said 'alright'.

so she walked out into the hallway, towards the press conference room where there has been a number of interviews for her and the team and the whole coaching staff.

as she was walking down to the room, she took time to redo her hair as it was still messy from the game. she is still in her uniform, her jersey number 34 as she is the youngest samuelson and is younger than katie lou.

when taylor entered the room, the interviewers were immediately up and out of there seats asking her questions.

when she sat down she was accompanied with her coach. taylot always felt more comfortable with someone by her side then just herself.

she looked at all the people and pointed to someone who raised there hand.

"hi. yes. i was wondering where you are planning on going for college in around 2 years or so?" the man had questioned

"umm. i have offers from places around here in california. i have ucla, and stanford. i have offers from duke and notre dame. but i really want to follow my sisters footsteps and go to uconn." taylor said.

she's always wanted to go to uconn. there was no doubt in her voice that said she wanted to go anywhere else.

and so after that there were, 5 minutes passed and 20 or so questions were asked. on the last question was something she never got before.

"we seen on the internet that you are considered the 'female lamelo ball.' what are your thoughts on that?" one interviewer spoke.

"lamelo who? i don't know who that is. maybe i've seen a highlight or something on espn, but i don't know who he is, really." taylor said.

"you don't know who that is? he's from chino hills. he is a crafty player like yourself and also has an amazing range like you as well."  the same man said.

taylor finding out the fact that he's from chino hills makes this all so annoying now. she doesn't want anything to do with chino hills, besides the fact that they won three times againsg them.

"no, i don't know who that is and i don't want to." taylor said.

sure, she sounds mean. but how could you not when you're being compared to someone on your rival team. nevermind a boy on the rival team.

taylor has never even heard of this kid until now. maybe if he was as good as she is, then maybe she would know who he is.

"you never heard of him? he is the kid who scored 92 points in a single game! he can pull up from anywhere and his brother goes to ucla. sure you have heard of lonzo ball."  he said with way too much enthusiasm.

"well, if he was as good as you make him out to be then maybe i would've heard of him. i'm sorry if that sounds harsh but i don't like being compared to people. i think every person and every player have different styles of play." she said in response to the crowd.

"now, if that is all the questions then thank you." she left after she said that.

and out in the hallway was waiting her sister's and family. they seen and heard what she said. they don't mind that she sounded kind of harsh. they know how she is. they know she doesn't like being compared to anyone or anything. she likes being her own person. she's been this way all her life. they accepted how she can be so blunt all the time but can also be the humble about anything as well.

"good job, little sister!" said katie lou. she was kind of hugging taylor while giving her a nuggie on the head. taylor and katie lou have been close their whole life.

"thanks. but you know it wasn't just me."

"well obviously, if that girl didn't pass you the ball you wouldn't have scored!"  bonnie said. her other sister.

"you know what i mean. i don't like taking all the credit for anything." taylor said.

"we know, little sister. we're just messing with you." karlie said.

"whatever. can we go eat dinner than go home? i'm tired." taylor said, turning to her parents, jon and karen.

"yeah! let's go to pizza hut after the big win!"  bonnie and karlie exclaimed.

it's tradition tha after anyones big win, the whole family goes to a pizza or burger joint.

"sure. let's go!"

1063 words