The girls giggled again and he glared at them and then at me, “I will have the counsel meet you at your wagon.”

He turned and stomped off and I shook my head as Little One mewed softly. I caressed her and glanced at the back of the shop as Ellie opened the curtain and stepped out. She was stunning in the long dress and smiled as she walked towards me, “He was a grumpy old man.”

The girls laughed and the one petting Charles grinned, “He’s always like that.”

We stopped at a food vender on the way out and carried two meat and goat cheese sandwiches back to the wagon. I set Little One down as Charles meowed at her and they disappeared into the barn. Ellie grinned, “They must be going for lunch.”

I tossed the new robes in the back of our wagon and sat with Ellie to eat. A large group of dwarf men and women approached as we were finishing. I noticed Dodson walking along with those in the lead and sighed, “Another recommendation.”

Ellie laughed and leaned against my shoulder. The group gathered around us and sat down. One old dwarf that looked ancient cleared his throat, “We have a problem and you were recommended as someone that might solve it for us.”

I gestured, “Go on.”

He looked at the others, “We have a nest of goblins.”

I looked at him in surprise, “I thought…”

He held up his hands, “Actually it’s in one of the older, higher tunnels off the pass that they found a way into.”

I sat back, “What do you want me to do?”

They looked at each other and the old dwarf cleared his throat, “Kill them.”

I shook my head, “can’t you just block the tunnel off?”

The old dwarf nodded, “We could but the problem would be protecting the workers. Also they would just find another way in since they know we are here now.”

I sighed and looked at Ellie, “I have always hated doing a job knowing it was to kill and not just protect.”

She nodded and then sighed, “You saw the goblins. They are mindless animals.”

I looked at the dwarves, “I’ll need a few things.”

The old dwarf looked at another that had a bright red beard, “Tolivar will provide whatever you need.”

Another dwarf leaned forward, “How much?”

I smiled and looked at Ellie, “Beside what I need, I want seven bolts of cloth of my choosing.”

They were looking at each other and the same dwarf cleared his throat, “That’s all?”

I looked at him and raised my eyebrow, “That’s my price. Do you want me to ask for more?”

The other dwarves grumbled and he blushed. I looked at the old dwarf, “Give me an hour to think about what I need and I’ll give you my list.”

He nodded and they all stood. Tolivar stayed as the others walked back towards the tunnel. I sighed and handed Ellie my pouch of silver, “Would you mind looking in the marketplace for some of the pipe herbs?”

She grinned as she stood, “I love the smell of pipe herbs.”

Tolivar grinned as we watched her head back into the tunnel. I pulled out my note book and gave him a list of what I needed. It was basically everything I needed to reload and make more bullets. I climbed into the wagon and started pulling out my extra magazines and ammo. I sat and started preparing.