A BEGINNING

PART ONE: A BEGINNING

I've always wondered what it was like to have no senses, to feel as if you were drowning in a bottomless pit of nothingness. I've always wondered, but that was it. I would think about it while taking a shower, or eating, sometimes even while sleeping. The one day I decided that I would stop wondering and experience was a day I was waking up from my empty dream and brushing my teeth to start my day. I don't remember what else I was thinking while I was brushing my teeth, though. I just knew that the one decision I made would make me reconsider all I had been living for. I knew it before I started, and I confirmed it with him.

That day, my friend called me and told me about an art exhibition. She told me to come along despite my lack in artistic skill. She told me it was something that would give me purpose to my empty dream. She promised me that it would give me purpose to my wonderings. I accepted her invitation.

I don't remember what I wore that day. I remember lacing on some random gym shoes I had lying around in the back of my closet because I knew I would be walking a lot. I also remember wearing my cardigan, the one I lost in the exhibition after I bumped into him. I only remember the cardigan because he gave it back to me and that was the first time I looked into his eyes and saw it. I saw it, and he knew I saw it even without being able to see me.