Thirteen

See the story's trailer, here! http://animoto.com/play/hS8erSGpIznAlWOhNV91lw

-----

"Let me sleep." Rebecca groans. Amber's eyelids flutter open, and she sees Marilyn attempting to wake her sister.  

"That's not going to work, Mari." She laughs. Then she clears her throat. Amber's voice is always cracky in the morning. "She gets up when she wants to." She rubs her eyes. "Although, whenever I used to see her, she got up much earlier than me..."

"Ugh, what's going on?" Kimberly sits up on her blanket.

"Good morning to you, too, Kim." Marilyn throws a pillow at her.

"Did you take that from my room?" Amber points to the pillow.

"No! Why would you think that?" 

"The pillow-"

"Shut it!" Rebecca yells, causing the room to go silent.

"And I thought I was a cranky old lady in the morning." Kimberly mutters.

"Wow, Becca. What's up with you?" Amber stands.

"I'm tired!" She pouts, and buries her head in her blanket.

"Fine." Amber laughs. She sits down next to Rebecca. Putting her hands on her sister's shoulders, she pushes and flips her.

"Ugh! I'm up!" Rebecca groans, hitting Amber. Then she gets the same sick look on her face she got the night before, and can't get up to go to the bathroom in time. She throws up. On Amber.

"Aah!" Amber yells, trying to get out of the way. But it's too late.

"Ew!" Kimberly jumps. "Amber, we've got to get you cleaned up.

"You think?" Mari raises her eyebrows. "Damn, Becca... What's up with you?"

"I'm so sorry!" Rebecca runs into the bathroom and cleans off her face. "I-I don't know what's wrong..."

"I think we'd better take you to the hospital." Kimberly takes Amber into the bathroom with Becca. She turns on the sink and pushes Amber's head of hair into the stream of water.

"Yeah, it's quite bad." Marilyn watches Kimberly scrub Amber's head. 

"You know what? Take a shower." Kimberly holds up her hands in defeat. "I'll call hospital, see if we can make an appointment..." She walks out shaking her head.

"You heard the girl. Now get out." Amber shoos Rebecca and Marilyn out of the bathroom.

"Hello, I was wondering if I could make an appointment?" Kimberly cups her hand over the phone. "Rebecca- what's your last name? Is it the same as Amber's?"

"Ramone." Becca coughs.

"Rebecca Ramone." Kim says into he phone. 

"Uh... She's been throwing up quite a lot." Kimberly looks at Rebecca while the nurse on the other end speaks. 

"How much did she sleep last night?" The nurse asks.

"She didn't want to get up this morning, if that means anything." 

"Aright. She can have the noon spot or there's another opening at two." 

"Let's go with the one at two." Kimberly answers.

"Okay. See you then."

"Yeah." Kim hangs up. "You've got an appointment at two, so..." She looks at the clock. "We have three hours."

"Why'd you mention me sleeping?" Rebecca asks.

"They asked." Kimberly shrugs. 

"Oh." Rebecca nods. The look on her face is scared.