Ben smirked. "Porch boy has a name."

  "Porch boy is your girlfriend's boyfriend, dumbass." Nate responded.

  Ben's eyes widened. He turned to me. "What the hell, Scarlet? Is this some kind of joke?"

  I swallowed nervously. "He's not my boyfriend. W-we broke up."

  Nate glanced in my direction. I could almost feel his jealously. I wanted to say something-anything- to explain what's going on. Something passed over his eyes and suddenly he was smiling. "Oh yeah? So does that mean you’re over me?"

  I thought about that question. I thought about it every night. Was I over him? Ben's glare was making me feel very uncomfortable. His jaw was set as if he was about to punch

  Nate again. "Y-yeah. I am." I finally answered.

  Ben's eyes softened a little bit. "See?" he told Nate, "She's over with you. Done. Zippo. Nada. Suck it up. She's mine now."

  Nate bit his lip. "Oh yeah?" 

  Ben nodded, confidently. "If she was over me, would she let me do this?"

I blinked in confusion. Just as I did, a pair of lips were on mine. 

  Nate.

  He closed the space between us and pressed his mouth hard against mine. At first I was so surprised, that I couldn't do anything. My body became numb, just like it did every time he kissed me. These were the same pair of lips that I kissed two years ago. It was the same sweet-sour taste that I had every time his mouth touched mine.

 "What.The. Hell." Ben's voice echoed through my ears, but I barley heard it.

  I was still standing there with my lips locked to Nate. I didn't pull away.

 I couldn’t  pull away. 

  My eyes were closed. I blocked everything out and let the sparks fly. I didn't hear Ben's shouting, or Nate's moans. 

  It wasn't until a hand on my shoulder stopped me. At first it was just a gentle touch. But a few seconds later, the hand roughly pulled me back. 

  Ben dropped his hands from my shoulder and shook his head, "I can't believe you Scarlet. I really can't."

  A mix of confusion and guiltiness spread over me. What just happened? Then the memory came floating back to me.  

  Nate's words- If she was over me, what she let me do this?

  Then he leaned closer and kissed me. Right in front of Ben. And the worst thing about it is that I didn't pull away. I let him kiss me. Nate just proved to me and Ben that I wasn't over him.

  "See?" Nate smirked in Ben's direction. "She still loves me."

  Ben gave me an I-Can’t-Believe-That-Just-Happened face. Then his expression changed from hurt to anger. "And I thought that this was just a big lie. Screw you." He turned to Nate. "Screw both of you."

  "Ben wait-"

  "Save it." He cut me off. "I hope you and your boyfriend have a nice time. Don't forget to use protection, bitch"

  Then he walked off and disappeared down the street. I was too shocked to even follow him and chase him down. His words stung me a lot. This was one of those things that you couldn't just shrug off.

  "Wow," Nate said after he left. "I can't believe you actually went out with that."

  I gaped. "Shut up. I...I seriously can't believe you just did that."