chapter 19 - So Sorry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ella’s POV

I watched as the quaffle was thrown into the air, and immediately lifted my bat, keeping my eyes open for any flying bludgers. I saw one heading my way and swung the bat hard, connecting with the bludger and sending it straight into the stomach of one of the Slytherins. He slipped off the back of his broom and fell the short distance to the ground, before landing on his head. Sucker.

Soon we were up by 300 points and I could tell the Slytherins were starting to get desperate. They were getting even more rough, sending more and more  of our players to the hospital wing. James needs to hurry up and catch that snitch, soon.

I watched as people flew around me, dodging bludgers and keeping an eye out for the snitch so their team can win. The rain had started earlier in the game, and by now it was pouring, making it hard to see. At this rate it could be anyone’s game. I could hear people from both teams shouting insults at each other. All of a sudden there was a bludger heading towards me and I hit it blindly, sending it flying into the dense rain. I really hope I didn’t hit any of my team.

Suddenly a loud cheering erupted from the crowd.

“James Potter has caught the snitch, Gryffindor wins!”

Relief flooded through me, and I smiled. We beat them, we won!

When everyone was back on the ground I saw my friends all celebrating. I quickly pushed through all of the disappointed Slytherins toward my friends, and was shocked when they rushed over and engulfed me in a giant hug.

“Way to go Ella-Bella, you won the game for us!” Sirius yelled a little too loudly into my ear.

What does he mean I won it for us? James had caught the snitch, not me.

Lily, obviously sensing my confusion decided to shed some light on the subject.

“Ella that last bludger you hit, went flying straight into the Slytherin seeker, knocking him out of the way. Him and James had been fighting for the snitch, and when he moved, it allowd James to grab the snitch. So yeah, basically you won the game.”

“That’s my girl!” Sirius yelled, again into my ear, before kissing me hard on the lips.

After celebrating a little bit with my friends I excused myself and made my down to the owlery. I wanted to be alone for a little while, have some peace and quiet before the party started. Apparently everyone was so excited that we won, they thought that a party would be suitable.

I loved parties, don’t get me wrong, bvut sometimes I like to be by myself for a while.

I made my way into the familiar building and sat down on one of the wooden boxes. I watched as owls flew in and out, and let my mind wander with them. Of course my mind went to where it always does. Sirius.

I heard shuffling over to my right. It’s probably the dog again, I haven’t seen him in a while.

“Hey, come her boy.”

I heard chuckling coming from where I thought the dog was. My heart stopped. What if it was Regulus? I was all alone and if it was him, I probably wouldn’t stand much of a chance. I held my breath as I waited for whoever it was to come out.

I saw someone moving in the shadows and almost started crying as I saw a flash of black hair. I wish Sirius were here, he’d be able to protect me. I wish I had never come up here, why had I been so stupid? I knew Regulus was angry and would probably try to get me alone again. Why had I been so stupid!

I almost screamed as they stepped out of the shadows.

??? POV

I watched as she clamped her hand over her mouth and her eyes went wide. I couldn’t help but smile, and chuckle at her reaction.  I guess she hadn’t realised I’d been following her.

“Surprised? I thought maybe you and I could have some alone time?”

“You scared me! You’re such a prat! I hate you so much right now!” She screamed at me. Uh oh, I’d really made her mad, I hadn’t meant to upset he so badly.

I made my way over to her and sat down beside her. She crossed her arms over her chest and turned her body so she wasn’t facing me anymore. I tried to wrap my arm around her shoulder, but she just shook it off. And then my heart broke. I heard her sniffling, and noticed the shaking of her shoulders. I had made her cry.

“Ella-Bella, please don’t cry, I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to make you upset.”

She turned around and her eyes were red rimmed and she had little tear tracks down her cheeks. She just looked at me before burying her head in my chest and crying.

“I thought you might have been Regulus. I was so scared.”

“I know and I’m so sorry” I whispered as I kissed the top of her head.

“I’m so sorry.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*** Author’s  note Soooo what’d ya think?? I know I’m a horrible person fro not updating sooner. Please don’t hate me! So anyway…I really didn’t like this chapter, it didn’t come out right (blame writer’s block…AGAIN!!!) But if YOU liked it PLEASE leave a comment so that I know someone did?! J

Soooo yup COMMENT, VOTE, FAN  :D

<3 Hayley