Envying The Perfect Life

"Alright, who's on the list today?"

It's not something I like to do...

"Ah, let's see, a tribal chief."

It's heart-pounding.

"He is located just out of the colony, huh? Seems fine."

You don't realize what is does to you.

"Fine print? Oh, a carrier of a rather unusual virus!"

It kills any good emotions inside you.

"He should be eliminated very soon. He's going to make his way over to the colony, if I don't go now."

You're not only subjected to breaking families but, breaking powerful forces.

"Miniscule tribes like this are a tad too easy to eliminate. But, a tribe riddled with sick people? It could be absolutely easy or absolutely dangerous."

But, it's what I do for a living, as it may be. Never did I believe that I could take lives. Or ever so easily cut the fingers of a pianist, cut the tongue off a cyclist, or slit the throat of a princess. Well, that last one's a bit of a stretch but, it's a goal of mine.

Who am I? Oh, just your run-off-the-mill killer of big egos. The name's Envy, and I'm not your typical housewife kind of woman. I've got plans. And I intend stick to them.

"Okay, set! Let's go."

Before I leave the colony for my mission, I decide on a whim to grab the local newspaper. There's nothing too interesting in the paper, as usual. I guess it's for the people who haven't turned to technology and don't intend to. There is one interesting thing in the paper, though.

Trouble stirs as the Bombing of Kelos City stays fresh in people's minds

It has torn people's minds and hearts to hear about this tragedy. Known as one of the world's oldest cities, the suburban part of Kelos City has been destroyed, by the hands of a terrorist group who call themselves the Shaders. Word has come about that they could become a global threat, thanks to the tech of the long forgotten Magnovania software. This piece of tech has a gold mine of features, clearly too many threatening ones, that could be of use to legions of terrorists, such as the ones committing the crime at hand. People have also speculated, however, that groups are being made to combat these legions of evil. There may still be hope that this won't be global.

Forget about this tribal chief bounty, where's this Kelos City place? I want to stop this mass disaster production. Maybe I'll find that princess that's commanding us to do all these things. Yeah. I just might. Screw it, when's the next ferry.