Chapter 5: Yes, My Prince

What a wonderful predicament Alexander was in right now..

'Maybe I should've told them I wouldn't be fine alone..' he thought witha regretful sigh. He stumbled outside, leaning against tables for support on his injured leg. Panting, he sat on the fountain ledge, listening at the soothing water. After awhile of relaxing his sore muscles, something caught his eye. An entrance of some sort. It was wrapped in vines with leaves and untrimmed grass decorating the ground.

Curiousity is a sin.. 

Alexander got up on unsteady feet before looking around to make sure no one saw him slip into the entrance. It looked to be a secret garden, but unkept as rose bushes were everywhere and wild yellow and blue flowers could be seen all around. But.. what intrigued him even more was the forest at the end, it didn't look scary and dark, but welcoming. Alexander limped torwards it. 

As he reached the end of the forest he saw light and heard.. voices? Something urged him to put on his hood, it strangely calmed him, and so he did. There was a small hill, so Alexander slowly climbed it, peeking his head out to see what was ahead of him. It looked like a bunch of elves were gathered, probably soldiers or something because some were dressed in uniform.

He recognized two to be Elensar and Huor. They all looked to be waiting for someone.

Then a voice yelled out, "Your future King!" all the elves immediately bowed.

Alexander's jaw dropped as he saw the Elf Prince walk out. He was gorgeous! With long, silky, black hair and a black cloak with crystals adorning his collar. He wore a silver crown with stars and a beautiful purple gem hung on his forehead, two matching jewels dangled from his ears. The Prince had a silver eye while the other was covered with a white eye patch.  

'Huh I wonder why it's on his eye..'  Alexander wondered absentmindly.

"Everyone." He called out, "You are probably confused as to why your here."

Some murmured a yes while others nodded. "This is classified information, and you are not allowed to tell another soul." Alexander strained his ears to hear what the other was saying, but it was useless, he couldn't hear.

Alexander rubbed his nose. 'Oh crap.. not now.' Laying so close to the ground where he could easily inhale dust and pollen was not such a good idea.

"I found out that-"

Alexander squeezed his eyes. 'This is bad..' 

"My-" 

"ACHOO!" Alexander sneezed.

Everything went silent. 'I'm dead.' 

"Hello? Is there anyone there!" 

'Please don't see me, please don't see me, please don't-'

"I can see your hair, so it would be best if you came out now."

'Of course he can.' Alexander thought grimly. Alexander slowly limped down the hill, looking down all the way. 

"Won't you come closer?" The Prince said amusedly.

Alexander walked/limped stiffly until he was at an arms length close to the Prince, his face was completely red from embarrassment. "Can you look at me?" Alexander didn't move.

"The Prince has ordered you to look at him boy! You-" a man near them said, startling Alexander out of his skin.

"-It's alright, I can handle this, I'm not a baby after all." The man looked away, nervously nodding.

The Prince placed his hand under Alexander's chin and pulled it up, eye level to him. "I would like to see your face. May I?" Alexander nodded softly, he was mesmerized by the Prince's face, so pale, his lips were slightly up in a smile. 

The elf removed the hood. He gasped a bit as he stared into Alexander's ameythst eyes.

Alexander's lip trembled as he looked at the ground again. "I know.. I'm sorry-" 

"-They're beautiful.." 

Alexander's eyes snapped back up to the silver eye staring at him. The warm hand carressed his cheek then went up next to his eye, wiping the unshed tear away. The other hand traveled to his neck, also pulling back the shirt a bit, exposing his collarbone. Alexander blushed.

"W-what are you..?" 

The Prince smiled and leaned to whisper to a guard next to him, "Cancel the meeting for next time, something more important is evident."  He turned to Alexander, "You can sit there for now." He gestured to the outside throne, that was his! 

"No! I couldn't-"

The Prince shoved him to the throne. "You are hurt, right?" and he turned to the large amount of his elven soldiers. 

The training grounds was soon emptied. Elensar locked eyes with Alexander and gave him a thumbs up before leaving as well.

"Who are you?" The Prince asked.

"I-I'm Alex..ander.." he responded without looking.

The Prince sighed before he fell onto his back against the grass, his jet black hair splayed out like a halo around his head. He then put his arms under his head and closed his eye.

Alexander gasped, "What are you doing! Shouldn't you sit in the throne?"

"Well, you're sitting in it, aren't you?" he smiled teasingly.

"I-I well, yes. But.." Alexander fidgeted with his fingers, "..You could tell me to m-move.."

With a lot of courage, Alexander asked "What about you?"

"What about me?"

"Name..?" 'Why am I so shy with him?' Alexander though to himself, 'I could talk easily to Elensar and Huor and I just met them today as well!'  

The Prince chuckled before saying, "My name is Alraen Eledhwen."

Alexander tilted his head to the side, "Alraen.. Why are you on the floor? You can get dirty you know."

Alraen laughed and pulled Alexander on top of him, "Well now your gonna get dirty too!" 

Alexander's face was buried in Alraen's neck, in surprise he gripped the black cloth in his small hands. The blonde slowly lifted his face eye level to Alraen's. The elf stopped laughing and smiled as he tucked in a stray piece of hair behind Alexander's ear, and his hand lingered for a bit too long..

"Alex.. I-" 

___________________________________________________________________

PITUP: Oooh cliff end! Next chapter will be out there soon, but for now- PEACE OUT!