Chapter 4

Asia POV

"How's Rodney?" My mother asked

"Uhhh.... good I guess"

"What do you mean you guess? Aren't you guys still together?"

"We are... I think... I don't know... we don't talk as much as we used to... but that's understandable right? I mean we are in college, isn't that what happens?"

"That's what happens, but he still should make time for you"

"He's just busy working, that's all"

"Where does he work?"

"I don't know mom... He won't tell me"

"What do you mean he won't tell you? If your dad ever did some shit like that I would cut his throat"

I laughed "you know you don't mean that"

"You right"

"Yeah but he said not to worry about it... that just made me worry even more... I think he got back into the drug game"

"all that hard work just to end up in the same place"

"I'm not 100% sure he is though, but it looks like it. Who else makes that much money?"

"I'm not sure sweetie, but you know neither me or your father want you hanging around a drug dealer... so the moment it is confirmed I expect you to leave him"

I gulped

......................................................................................
Rodney POV

"I cant keep doing this David"

"Then stop"

"its not that easy, Its hard to quit when you don't even know who you're working for"

"are you sure you want to give this kind of money up? Look at you, you came all the way from the bottom and now you're here. Look at what you're riding in, you got a private driver man"