New York

Nicki
1 month later
Skip to end of October

"Meek, baby, stop!" He blew on my stomach as Papi came upstairs. "Pap, get your father!" I said, knowing he'd be on my side. He got on the bed and jumped on Meek's back.

I laughed, moving as it caught Meek off guard.

We pushed him onto the bed and attacked him, tickling him. "Alright, alright, alright! Damn.." I got off and sat beside him, still laughing while he stayed laying down.

"Papi, you never told me what you want to do for your birthday." He shrugged. "As long as Nicki's there." I smiled, picking him up and sitting him beside me. "Heard that? He likes me more than you?" I said, sticking my tongue out.

"Pap, you gone treat me like that?" He shrugged. "It's business." He nodded. "Alright, well then I guess you can spend it with just Nicki and I'm not throwing you a party.

"What?" Meek shrugged. "It's business." I shook my head. "Don't worry Pap, I'll make sure you have a party." He looked at Meek. "And you wonder why I like her." Meek sat up and stood up. "You ready to go back to grandma's house?"

"Yeah, Dontae is coming over tomorrow!" He said, jumping up. "Yeah, you know me and Nic gone be gone for a week, right?" He nodded, sitting down. "Where are you guys going again?"

     "New York." I told him. "We'll still do something when you guys come back, right?" I nodded. "I promise." Meek picked up Papi. "I'ma take him back to my moms and you better be packed when I get back."

    I rolled my eyes. "Nigga please, if I'm not?" He raised his eyebrow. "Aight Nic." I bit my lip. "Get out before I do something I don't want to in front of Papi." He laughed and walked out.

      To catch up, Meek talked me into going to New York with him. It took him a long time, but part of it was seeing my mom after so long.

      We've been progressing, relationship-wise. He's proved himself to me many times in the past month. Game left me alone...after Meek finally beat his ass.

Then he almost beat mine for not having his number blocked in the first place.

Getting off of the bed, I started packing for the trip. I was finished about 30 minutes later when Meek came back.

"You ready?" I nodded. Putting on my coat and grabbing my phone.

•••

"Nic, we here." He said, shaking me awake. My eyes slowly opened and we were in front of a hotel.

"Where are my coca cola gummies?" He handed them to me and I got out of the car. Walking to the back, he popped the trunk and I reached for my luggage, but he stopped me. "What you doing?"

"Grabbing my luggage." He shook his head. "I know you like being independent, but I like being a man." I laughed and ate a gummy, walking towards the entrance.

We settled into our room about 10 minutes later and I realized something. "Meek, why two beds? You know I'ma be sleep with you." He chuckled. "I never know with you. Bipolar ass." I laughed, hugging him. "Mhm, what time is it?" I asked, my arms wrapped around his waist, my speech muffled by his shirt.

"4:00." I smiled. "I want you to meet my mom." He shook his head.

"So we not together, you won't come to my house, you haven't met my mother yet,and you want me to meet yours?" I shrugged. "How else I'ma get there."