- dylan -

As you can see, the first chapter's title is a name. I'm gonna name each chapter based on what POV it's going to be in, but just so you know there aren't going to be a lot of different POVs so don't worry about getting confused!

There are swearwords included in this chapter!

Hope you enjoy this chapter! Please leave a vote and comment behind before you go!

- -- -- - -- -- - -- -- - -- -- - -- -- - -- -- - -- -- - -- -- - -- -- - -- -- - -- -- - -- -- - -- -- - -- -- - -- -- - -- -- -

One.

                 I hadn't expected to be the last one in the family living; breathing.

I hadn't expected to be the only one walking, cooking, talking, smoking, eating, drinking, sleeping. I hadn't expected to be the only one living in that house, with the clocks ticking and the silence never welcoming and the pictures hanging on the wall haunting me in my dreams. I hadn't expected to be the only one who had to experience this much loss, this much pain

I hadn't expected to be the last one in the family, in my family. I hadn't expected to be the last one to endure this pain and fight for survival and education. I hadn't expected to be the last one standing, with all the others already dissolved into dust and crumbled to the ground.

But things never tend to go the way I wanted them to go.

I was unfortunate. I had no power. I was weak. Struggling. Just surviving. One step wrong and I was diving into the depths of death. One step wrong, and everything was at the end.

When my Mother was the first victim, I thought I could handle anything else. I thought I was strong enough; brave enough to face the other obstacles of razor-sharp pain and horror. I thought I had my Dad, my sister, my brother who were going to stand by me forever, clasping my shoulder tightly and protecting me from the darkness.

But soon enough, everybody disappeared. Everybody was gone. And I was the only one. I was unable to go. I was just not allowed. I had to keep coping; keep enduring this pain and just drag it after me, without letting go. There was no letting go, really. It just never let go of me. Never. Even if I died, the pain would still be sharply burnt into my memory.

First, it was my Mom. Then my sister. Then my brother. Then my Dad. There was no Who's next anymore. I was alone.

- -- -- - -- -- - -- -- - -- -- - -- -- - -- -- - -- -- - -- -- - -- -- - -- -- - -- -- - -- -- - -- -- - -- -- - -- -- -

"I hate you!"

"Just listen to me, please-"

"How dare you! How dare you bring this onto our family! How dare you! I hate you! How could you?! You ruined everything! I can't believe you! You-you traitor!!"

"Son, please, I can explain-"

"Oh really?! What are you gonna explain then?! That you "accidentally" had a fucking affair with your secretary?! That you "accidentally" forgot that you had kids, waiting for you at home?! That you "accidentally" lied to us for the past few months and didn't bother to tell any of us until now?!" My throat clenched in pain. Fury and frustration made their way into my body and caused my hands to clench into fists, my mouth to form into a grim line and my eyes to tear up.

He sighed, looking sorrowful. "Look, I know I messed up bad. Really bad. But please, I wasn't having an affair. I'm telling you the truth. I wasn't having an affair with that lady! I was just drunk and-"

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Dec 29, 2013 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

~ Wretch ~जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें