Even though I'm not looking at him, I see him shrug in the corner of my eye.

I turn and glare at him. "Look, this is harder than I expected, give me a break."

He holds up his hands in a sort of surrender and looks down, breaking our eye contact.

"You're a douche, you know."

He smirks but doesn't look back up, making me huff out a long exhale.

"Fine," I exclaim. "I'll go talk to him, but," I pause, pointing at him making him look up. "If shit goes down, you better find a way to save my beautiful ass."

His smirk grows and his voice deepens, "oh I will."

I swallow the creeping blush.

The door is like any other, but for the life of me, I can't find the strength to knock on it. It felt like I had been standing there for hours when really it was only a few seconds.

Before I can make a decision, the windows curtain next to the door moves and a face peers out, examining me.

I give a tight smile and a tiny wave, feeling beyond awkward.

The man closes the curtain and I hear locks clicking open.

He opens the door and looks down at me from a big round nose. He had small eyes and dirty, unkept hair. I gulped.

"Hi, I'm Leah," I was about to introduce Casper as well but luckily I caught up to my mind in time. "Erm, I was in the other car in the accident," I looked down to my feet, but after a few seconds of no reply, curiosity made me look up.

"Right?" He questioned me, looking behind me as if trying to make sure no one could see this encounter.

"I was just wondering, did you see anything weird that night? Do you remember what happened?" I ask, holding my breath.

"I don't know if they told you, but I was a bit out of it that night, so to answer your question, no, I don't remember anything weird apart from your stupid car hitting mine." His eyes grow dark and I quickly take a step back but the anger has already risen in me.

"Look, I'm pretty sure it was your car that hit me, because you were drunk." I spit back. Even though I know this guy is ten times my weight, size and height, my anger doesn't let me have a clear head.

"Leah," Casper says in a warning voice. I ignore him.

"Is that so?" He asks, stepping forward, closing the gap I had made between us. Fear started to creep in, but my anger soon swallowed that, making me stand up taller.

"Yeah, it is. I could have died because of your stupidity, not my stupid car."

"Well if you weren't on the road that night, I wouldn't have a busted up car and a police record, would I? So you fucked up my life just as much as I fucked up yours. Now, get off my fuking property before I call the police on you." Then he slams the door.

"What a dick!" I angrily say to Casper once we get back in the car.

"Yeah, he was. But he was hiding something too."

"Like what?"

"Whatever it was, it made him resort to scaring you off so you would stop asking questions, and that doesn't sound too good."

I groan, "well whatever it is, I don't care."

"You should, Leah. It could be serious. Your mum is trying to protect you from something."

"Yeah, she's protecting me, obviously I don't need to know." I was purposefully being difficult for him because of my angry mood that dickhead put me in.

"I think you should ask her about it." Casper says looking at me.

"Ask my mum? Why, what good will that do. No way, she'll get mad that I'm still talking about it." I shake my head and look away from his gaze.

"It's obviously bothering you, why can't you just ask her?" He persists.

"Because I don't want to, okay?" I say in an angry calm tone.

"Why not though?-"

"Casper," I cut him off, "I said no."

We sit in momentary silence, our breathing rapid.

"Leah," he says my name so carefully. "You're obviously scared of something, and you shouldn't be. We need to find out more."

"We?" I turn to him with my eyebrows knitted together.

"You know what I mean, you need to find out more."

"No, you said we, why do you need to know more so badly?"

"Because, Leah, we're obviously connected, so maybe if you actually stopped being so scared of everything and actually found something out for yourself, it could help me find out more about my past. After all, that stupid woman you took us to said we're connected. So maybe you have to figure out your shit so I can understand mine. Its not helping me with you sulking around that you have a shit best friend and strict mum." His eyes are ice, the once beautiful eyes twisted with anger.

I stare at him, feeling the tears hot tears build up.

"Well," I take a deep breath, "if that's how you really feel about me, fine, I'll do what you said, I'll find out more about the thing that scares me at night, the feelings that make me scream. I'll do that so you can get away fron me and my life which is so obviously a burden on you. So sorry to have unconvinced you."

"Leah-" his tone is apologetic, but I'm too scared to look at him and see those eyes again.

I hold up my hand to cut him off and started the cars engine to set off home.

The car ride was full of awkward silence, and once we arrived I walked up to my room without saying a word to Casper.

I climbed into bed and went straight to sleep, not caring that Casper was sat staring at me in his chair.

_________________

Oh my gosh! Did I actually just update?

Here I am! Writing again, and do you know why? Because I have loads of deadlines to do so obviously I'm going to spend all my spare time that I should be doing work in, and instead writing more of my book.

Excuse any grammar or spelling mistakes, it's a first draft I just wanted to get out as soon as possible for you guys.

Thanks for being so patient!

Until next time :)

Gone And Forgotten (Ghost Romance)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें