*9:30 pm and Maya and Riley are back home*
Topanga: *sitting on the couch as Riley, Maya, and Cory walk in* how was the dance?
Riley: I had a great time dancing with Lucas *smiles*

*9:30 pm and Maya and Riley are back home*Topanga: *sitting on the couch as Riley, Maya, and Cory walk in* how was the dance?Riley: I had a great time dancing with Lucas *smiles*

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

[This is what Riley wore to the dance]

Cory: and I had a great time making sure he didn't put his hands where his hands shouldn't be *smiles as Riley rolls her eyes*
Maya: I'd rather not talk about it. Where's Josh? *looks around and notices the brunette boy is no where to be seen*
Topanga: honey what happened? *looks concerned*
Maya: *ignores Topanga's question* where's Josh?
Topanga: roof. He told me to tell you to meet him there when you got back *smiles weakly curious on why Maya didn't want to talk about the dance*
Maya: *runs to the bay window and uses the fire escape to go to the roof* Josh?
Josh: *turns around at the sound of Maya's voice* hey gorgeous.
Maya: *sees Josh in a tux* you look handsome boing.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

[This is what Maya and Josh are wearing]

Josh: *smiles* you look gorgeous as always Maya. How was the dance?
Maya: *looks down* want the truth or a lie?
Josh: *lifts her chin so she's looking at him* truth. Always truth. What happened?
Maya: *takes a deep breath* I shouldn't have gone with Zay. The second we got there he ditched me and he didn't dance with me at all [A/N: don't kill me for making Zay the bad guy!]
Josh: the little punk! I can't believe he did that to you! I'm so sorry Maya. Your first homecoming dance and your date was a jerk *hugs her*
Maya: I wish I could've gone with you. How am I supposed to go to these dances with guys that will hurt me? I thought going with a friend was a foolproof way to not get hurt. I was wrong *hugs him back tight fighting back tears*
Josh: God I'm so sorry. But I have news that will cheer you up.
Maya: what? *looks up at him*
Josh: I talked to Uncle Jon tonight. He is going to change the out of school date rule. Now I'd be able to take you. All you'd have to do is tell the administration my name and where I go to school a week before the dance.
Maya: *a giant smile appears on her face* you did that for me?
Josh: yeah. I still want you to experience high school but I don't want every date experience to be miserable for you. So I can now take you to school dances if you want me to.
Maya: *hugs him tight* of course I want you to take me to dances. Hell I want you to take me to all of them.
Josh: *smiles* but if someone asks you to go, don't say no just so you can go with me. Think of me as your backup date in case no one asks you. And if your date turns out to be a dud you can call me and I'd be there to make the night better *kisses her head*
Maya: deal. I won't say no. But if a well known player asks me I'm for sure saying no.
Josh: *chuckles* okay you can do that. You can say no if the guy is a creep or known to be a player. I don't want you to get hurt.
Maya: now that you cheered me up, don't I owe you a dance? *smirks*
Josh: that you do *grabs her hand and turns on the stereo he brought* may I have this dance?
Maya: *smiles as the song "Can I Have This Dance" from High School Musical 3 comes on* yes you may!
Josh: *smiles as he dances with her to the song* I love you Maya Penelope Hart Hunter.
Maya: *smiles as he twirls her around the roof* and I love you Joshua Gabriel Matthews.
Josh: *as the song comes to an end he leans in so his forehead is touching hers* I really want to kiss you right now.
Maya: *blushes* me too boing. I wouldn't mind if you did kiss me.
Josh: *leans in and captures her lips in a passionate kiss*
Maya: *kisses back instantly and runs her fingers through his hair as his grip her hips*
Joshaya: *makes out on the roof forgetting where they are*
Josh: *pulls away when the need for oxygen is too much to ignore* wow.
Maya: *bites her lip* you keep getting better and better. It still surprises me that we haven't kissed anyone but each other *smiles*
Josh: same Maya. When I kiss you it feels like our lips fit together like puzzle pieces *blushes*
Maya: yeah it's like we were made for each other. Like God intended for us to be together *smiles*
Josh: *kisses her temple* I agree Maya. Do you remember that summer when you were 8 and I was 11?
Maya: yeah that was the second summer we spent together. Me and Riley went to Philly and that's when we used silly string on Mr. Feeny's car *laughs at the memory*
Josh: *laughs* yeah that was a good summer.
Maya: why'd you ask if I remember that summer? *tilts her head at him*
Josh: because Christmas Eve was not our first kiss technically. We kissed that summer.
Maya: *gasps at the memory that came to her* oh my god I remember that!
Josh: yeah we were in the treehouse and we were talking about not having a first kiss yet *smiles*
Maya: *smiles* and I said I didn't want my first kiss to be with a boy that I didn't like.
Josh: so I leaned in and kissed you. And I said that we were each other's first kiss *rubs the back of his neck* and we promised not to tell anyone. How did we not remember that on Christmas Eve?
Maya: I remembered. I was afraid you didn't remember so I just played it off as me not having a first kiss.
Josh: oh my god I thought you didn't remember! *laughs* and since my dad didn't know, he said that I only get one first kiss when I made a big deal about Topanga taking a picture.
Maya: so we both remembered but thought the other forgot *laughs* so you didn't kiss anyone from age 11 to age 18?
Josh: nope. You are the only one I've ever kissed. And I hope you're the only one I'll ever kiss *smiles*
Maya: not even Riley knows we kissed when we were kids. I want to keep that memory to ourselves. Our own secret *smiles*
Josh: of course ferret. No one will know about our secret kiss when we were younger *smiles* want to go back inside?
Maya: sure. Thank you Josh for making tonight so much better *kisses his cheek* I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us.
Josh: *takes her hand and walks back inside with her* as long as we're in each other's lives, I'm happy. Someday is coming Maya. I can feel it. It's going to happen. No matter what happens, you will forever be my Topanga and I'll forever love you.
Maya: *smiles* and I'll forever love you boing. I don't know when someday is. But I know it's on its way. We'll know when it comes right?
Josh: *stops outside the apartment door* yes we'll know when it comes. I know we want it come now but we both know it's not time yet.
Maya: but when it is time, I'm ready. I'm ready now to be with you. I have been ready since I was 14. I'll wait Josh. I'll wait forever. Even if I'm 60 and we're not together yet, I'll still going to play the long game.
Josh: *smiles at her* I think we'll be together long before you're 60 *laughs* but I know what you're saying. I'm in it for the long game. Nothing will change my mind about you.

*Cory, Riley, and Topanga are inside waiting for Josh and Maya to come back*
Joshaya: *walks in the apartment holding hands*
Riley: peaches! Are you feeling better about tonight? *smiles*
Maya: much better Riles. Boing was just who I needed to see tonight *smiles at Josh*
Cory: I'm sorry Maya that Josh couldn't be the one with you tonight. I know Josh would never do what Zay did to you. If only the school could change the rule... *looks at them sympathetically*
Josh: *smiles* about that Cory... I may have called Uncle Jon about that rule.
Cory: *laughs and smiles* I should've known you wouldn't have let it go and that you'd do something about it. Let me guess he's going to change the rule?
Maya: yup! Now boing will be able to take me as long as I tell administration his name and school a week before the dance! *smiles giddily*
Riley: *smiles* I'm happy about that peaches! Josh is a much better guy than some of the guys at school. I'd rather you go with him than with a jerk that will hurt you * hugs Maya*
Josh: yeah I'd much rather go with her and treat her like the princess she is than some guy treating her like dirt *smiles at Maya and winks*
Maya: *blushes* I'm not a princess Josh.
Josh: to me you are. To me you deserve the whole world and more. And if you let me, I will give you all the love and happiness you need. If you let me, I will make sure you never experience hurt because of me.
Maya: *smiles mischievously* I may have a new nickname for you Josh.
Josh: *groans playfully* oh boy what did you come up with?
Maya: well every princess needs a prince right? And since I'm a princess to you, you're my prince. So the new nickname I have is "Prince Boing" *laughs*
Josh: *chuckles* fine I'll let you call me Prince Boing if you let me call you Princess Ferret *smirks*
Maya: *thinks for a moment* deal Prince Boing *smiles*
Josh: unfortunately I have to go if I'm going to make it to my dorm by curfew *smiles sadly at Maya* sorry I gotta go ferret.
Maya: *hugs him* it's okay boing. Don't get in trouble over me.
Josh: long game? *smiles*
Maya: long game for sure *smiles*

A/N: that's it for this chapter! Hope you guys enjoyed it! Sorry I made Zay the bad guy. I know Zay wouldn't do this on the show but I don't plan on Maya dating anyone while she's waiting for someday. I'm doing this so that Maya can show Josh that she really does love him and only wants him. So please don't comment and be like "make Maya date some other guy" (not that you are commenting anything rude. You guys are great about the sweet comments) 😄 be sure to vote and comment on what you thought and any ideas you might have. I'm not sure what the next chapter will be about so I'll just keep that as a surprise. You guys are awesome and I can't believe this story already has 2K reads! That's insane! I honestly thought that this would only get like 200 reads. You guys are amazing! Love you! 😘

The Long Game To Reach Someday | Joshaya (discontinued)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें