"Are you sure, I know I haven't really done much-"

"I said I've got it! Goddammit Rosie, you've done enough." he retorted, lying Harper down and unbuttoning her to put her into her sleep suit.

"I've done enough?! Owen, what is going on with you? What have I done?" I asked him.

"Are you completely forgetting what happened this morning?" he was still completely ignoring my presence.

"This morning? Owen, that was just some stupid fight, it didn't mean anything!"

"Well Rosie, it meant something to me. If you can't understand that then..." he trailed away.

"Then what?" I pushed, folding my arms across my chest.

"I'm putting our daughter to bed." he ignored me.

"Then what, Owen?! Stop fucking ignoring me!" I cried. Harper's little face was moving from side to side as we bickered back and forth and in any other situation I probably would have laughed.

"Then maybe I better leave!" he suddenly shouted, turning to look at me at last. He stayed staring at me, and I opened my mouth wide, my eyes brimming with tears immediately. I knew he regretted it as his hardened expression softened, but he didn't say anything. When I knew it was useless waiting for a reply, I sniffed loudly and nodded, pursing my lips together.

"It seems like you've got this under control." I said hoarsely, gesturing to Harper and walked out of the room without another word.

I couldn't believe he had said that, I was so heartbroken. I glanced at the clock in the hallway and saw it was nearly ten, so I changed into a pair of pyjamas and got in bed, facing away from Owen on the very edge of the bed. I pulled the duvet up high and stared at the window, trying to calm my shaking body.

After a while, Owen came in and I heard the lullaby from this toy Harper had playing through the monitor on my side of the bed. I shut my eyes quickly and pretended to be asleep whilst he got ready for bed, sighing loudly every now and then. Once the bed dipped and Owen settled himself, the room was in such a suffocating silence that I couldn't help but let a few tears fall. What had happened to us? I wanted to be wrapped up in his arms talking about our days rather than this horrible distance between us. So, I lay curled up on my side, choking down a few sobs, knowing that Owen didn't want to talk to me.

"Oh Rosie..." Owen said after a while, "are you crying?!" I winced as he said that, thinking he was mad at me, "Come here." Suddenly, I sobbed out loud, letting all my emotion out, but still not turning to face him.

"Rose, come on." he said, eventually moving closer to my side and wrapping his strong arms around me and pulling me into his chest. I relaxed in his embrace and turned to face him, crying into his chest. We didn't say anything, we just lay for a while, me crying softly into his chest, him stroking my back and holding me close. I eventually calmed down and pulled away slightly, not wanting to be out of his grasp.

"I'm so sorry, please don't leave me, please Owen." I begged, looking up at me and I saw his expression change immediately into one of heartbreak and he pulled me close to him as I began crying again.

"Stop that." he said, his voice cracking, "I didn't mean any of that, god I feel like an asshole."

"I'm sorry for being such a bitch this morning." I whispered.

"You have nothing to apologise for, I was the one dragging the stupid fight out into something more. You didn't deserve that, I'm so sorry baby." he said, kissing the top of my forehead.

"Do you promise you're not going to leave?" I said after a few moments of silence.

"Never ever ever. Do you hear me?" he said and I smiled, pulling away and lying on my side to face him. He grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"I love you so much." I smiled in the dim light. I'd only just noticed he hadn't turned his bedside light off.

"I love you so much more, let's just forget today ever happened alright?" he pleaded. Instead of answering him I leaned over and kissed him. He was quick to deepen it, pulling me on top of him so I was straddling his waist.

"I've missed you..." I said breathlessly as he kissed my neck and pulled my pyjama top over my head. Owen moaned in agreement, attaching his lips to my breasts and swirling his tongue around my nipple and sucking gently.

"Shit..." I moaned, beginning to move my hips slightly against his. I could feel Owen's hands travel to my waist, ready to flip me onto my back, but I prised them off me and he pulled away confused.

"I want to be on top tonight..." I said shyly, watching his eyes darken with lust.

"Anything you want babe." he whispered, biting his lip. I removed my pyjama pants and underwear and then moved down to the tops of his thighs so I had access to his boxers. I always was amazed at his impressive length and how it stood up and created a large tent in his boxers. It was even more amazing that I made him feel like that.

Wasting no more time, I pulled the constricting material slowly down his legs and tossed it aside. Owen was looking at me expectantly, so I took a hold of his shaft softly, rubbing it a small amount, so little that it could be classed as accidental. I watched with delight as Owen's eyes closed and his mouth opened slightly and his breathing pace increased. I was so wet, I could feel myself dripping down my thighs and onto Owen's too.

"Rosie, please..." he whined, bucking his hips slightly into my grasp. Obeying his command, I hovered over his length and slowly sunk down onto it, gasping as he filled me up.

"Fuck..." I cried, moving my hips up and down immediately. Due to my wetness, the movements were slick and fluid, and I was desperate to hit my g spot, I was so turned on. Seeing my need, Owen grabbed my hips and helped me move faster, his own face a picture of pleasure. The only sounds in the room were the sounds of our skin slapping together and our moans mixing with each other's.

"Owen, I don't think I'm going to last long." I moaned. My bouncing was getting slower, but even deeper as Owen thrusted upwards. Then, he hit my g-spot and I toppled over into the height of pleasure.

"Right there!" I yelled out, nearly collapsing onto him as my ferocious orgasm ripped through me. As I rode out my seemingly never-ending high, I felt Owen come too, my name falling from his lips as he came.

Afterwards, I fell onto his chest and lay there as we both got our breath back.

"That was..." I gasped, unable to finish my sentence.

"Unbelievable." Owen finished, gulping hard.

"Best part of arguments." I smirked, looking up at him. Owen smiled down at me and kissed my forehead.

Everything was right again.