caleb didn't do anything to annelise. he didn't kiss her knuckles, unlike tyler. he didn't shake her hand, unlike michael. he just introduced himself. he was uninterested in dumbledore's speech or the sorting. 

"let the feast begin!" dumbeldore's voice boomed and bounced off each wall, echoing around the large great hall.

large platters of various types of food appeared in front of them. annelise was, of course, amazed. she hasn't seen anything like this! her eyes lit up and she scanned the table as she tried to pick which one she should eat. she gripped her fork and knife tightly as she decided which meal.

"i recommend the large rotisserie chicken. it has the right amount of seasoning and it has been cooked nicely. better than mum's if i say so myself." samuel said pointing at the large plate with a cooked chicken body on it. annelise's mouth watered as she reached over and sliced herself a wing.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

"so!" said dumbledore, smiling around at all the pupils. "now that we're all fed and watered, i must once more ask for your attention, while i give out a few notices..." the headmaster to continue about forbidden objects inside the castle, the forbidden forest was out of bounds, and the trip to hogsmeade was only for 3rd years and up.

"it is also my painful duty to inform you that the inter-house quidditch cup will not take place this year." dumbledore continued. the great hall erupted into murmurs and annelise was slightly disappointed. she had practiced quidditch with her brother and she was excited to play it this year. she slumped down and samuel turned around to look at her.

"what's wrong?" he whispered. annelise rolled her eyes and sighed, "no quidditch." samuel nodded and put his index finger to his lips, signaling her to keep quiet.

"this is due to an event that will be starting in october, and continuing throughout the school year, taking up much of the teachers' time and energy-- but i am sure you will all enjoy it immensely. i have great pleasure in announcing that this year at hogwarts--"

a loud bang erupted and heads turned. the great hall door's have been opened; a man stood in the door way. he leaned upon a long staff, shrouded in a black travelling cloak. he lowered his hood, shook out a long mane of grizzled, dark grey hair, then began to walk up the teachers' table. a dull clunk, echoed through the great hall on his every step. he limped heavily towards dumbledore. his face looked like as if it was carved out of weathered wood, with a non-skilled person with a chisel. his eye made him look frightening. it was an electric blue eye and it was spinning around the great hall, scanning each scared student. he held out his arm and dumbledore shook it smiling.

"may i introduce our new defense against the dark arts teacher?" said dumbledore brightly into the silence. "professor moody.

the teachers applauded slowly and some students started to whisper.

"wicked. that's alastor moody the auror." michael said amazed. his blue eyes glittering as he stared at the man.

"is he really?" annelise turned to michael. his blue eyes darted to her brown eyes and he nodded his head. 

"as i was saying," dumbledore continued. he kept a bright smile on his face as he stared at all the students, waiting patiently. "we are to have the honor of hosting a very exciting event over the coming months, an event that has not been held for over a century. it is my very great pleasure to inform you that the triwizard tournament will be taking place at hogwarts this year."

the tension grew and everyone laughed like it was some big joke.

"yes. hogwarts, durmstrang, and beauxbaton will be going head to head; one student from each school will compete."

annelise tapped samuel's shoulder and he turned his head around.

"is it true? you believe professor?"

"of course i do annie." samuel sarcastically said.

annelise rolled her eyes and rested her chin on the palm of her hand. "durmstrang and beauxbaton will be arriving the day champions are picked; which is on halloween. i know all of you will be to bring the triwizard cup to hogwarts-- the heads of the participating schools, along with the ministry of magic, have agreed to impose an age restriction on contenders this year. only students who are of age-- that is to say, seventeen years or older-- will be allowed to put forward their name for consideration. i--" dumbledore raised his voice, due to the sea of students made noises as they were upset about the age limit. "will personally be ensuring to no under-age student hoodwinks our impartial judge into making them hogwarts champion." dumbledore stared at two boys at the gryffindor table who were making all the noise. annelise was very uninterested and thought that this was a terrible idea. she's heard about the triwizard tournament from centuries ago and she knew how many deaths were involved. 

"beauxbaton and durmstrang will be remaining with us for the greater part of this year. and now it is late...  i want you all to be alert and rested as you enter your lessons tomorrow morning. bedtime! chop chop!" dumbledore smiled and sat down with the rest of the staff. everyone in the great hall resumed their conversations as they exited the room. annelise sighed and realized that tomorrow is saturday. 'classes on saturday? ugh, you've got to be kidding me.' she thought and stood up from the bench.

"hang on, annie. leaving without us?" tyler spoke up. annelise looked down at him. his green orbs locked onto her brown ones and he smirked as he stared at her. she looked away and felt her cheeks warm up.

"i have to find my dorm." annelise said.

"but... you don't know where the common room is." tyler retorted back.

"don't get ahead of yourself addams, i'm bringing my sister to the common room." samuel stood up swinging her arm around annelise's shoulders.

"alright... we'll meet you there." caleb sighed.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"here is the lovely common room." samuel said as they stepped inside. annelise opened her mouth as she looked around. the walls were a dark green and the floor was emerald tile. she stepped on each tile as she approached the green love-seat and two singular chairs that were sitting across from it. in front of the couch was a fire place that made the cold common room warm. the fire was a tint of green and the room was dim, due to it being down in the dungeons.

"impressive." she mumbled.

"girls dormitories are on the right side." samuel said as he pointed at the left wing.

"probably end up in the boys dormitories." a voice behind them said. they both turned around and saw their favourite person, draco malfoy.

"what is that supposed to mean?" annelise folded her arms and furrowed her eyebrows she looked at draco. he chuckled lowly and stepped closer.

"stay right there." samuel hissed and draco took a step back.

"it means you aren't the brightest compared to your brother." draco smirked at annelise. her face turned red of anger.

"is that the only comeback you've got?" she rolled her eyes.

"just wait. your older brother can't stop me. he won't be there to protect you twenty-four seven." draco continued as his eyes darted to samuel whose fists were clenched once again.

"now, excuse me as i don't want to waste anymore time talking you." draco scolded as he pointed at annelise and shoved his way past her going up the stairs and entering his dorm.

annelise wanted to scream, but instead let out a loud huff.

"just don't think about him. what i said earlier, they're not worth a second of your day."

(long chapters are great wow sorry bout that. also i used some quotes and phrases from the book and kinda made it shorter. tyler, mike, and caleb are all made up characters btw -bee)