Loop -Part Three

The alarm clock buzzed 8:00am, Frederick sat up ready for another miserable school day. He changed into his uniform and left the house soon after. He arrived at school early. As usual he sat by himself waiting for the bell to alert him lessons were starting. Then he heard a small voice from behind him "Hello, I'm Annabelle, I'm new". Frederick turned round shocked as nobody had ever spoken to him before. "Hi" he responds, he then heard the bell and stood up to walk to his first lesson. Annabelle smiled at him and he continued to lesson. 'He's probably just shy' she thought to herself, then she asked for directions to her class despite being told them twice this morning already. It was break time and as Annabelle had only made a conversation Frederick she tried to find him. She ended up bumping into him in a corridor he tried to not make things awkward so he quickly said sorry but was interrupted. "You never told me your name" said Annabelle. He had a small grin across his face and replied "I'm Frederick and you're the only person to ever show an interest in my name" he walked off and Annabelle walked to her next lesson, the whole way she was thinking about what Frederick said. She thought they could become friends, after all they both seemed lonely. The time was 3:15pm and Frederick was the first person to be dismissed. Walking out the gates he saw Annabelle, he started laughing because in a few days when she realises who he is, she'll forget his existence and become 'popular'. He walked home listening to the usual gossip of the popular people who walk the same way home as he does. He heard them speaking about Annabelle, saying how she won't become friends with them. It reminded him of when he first walked home along side them, he heard them say nobody will ever date him. If Frederick's confidence wasn't bad to start with, then it definitely would be now. He got home and fell asleep on his settee.