Chapter 1 let me make it clear

2 years ago...

It felt like endless hours but in reality it was about a minute or two. Daniele danced with the rain in endless bliss.

She let the raindrops soak into her drenching her clothes. But she didn't mind.

She sang to random songs and laughed it had been a long time since she was able to be free outside.

As she danced and twirled like a five year old. On the balcony stood Damon as he leaned his leaned on the railing, watching Rose so happy it formed a smile on his own face.

She ran and did kart wheels. As Damon saw her being so carefree and relaxed guilt consumed him.

He felt bad for not letting her out a lot but he didn't have a choice he had work to do lots of it and he couldn't have her out an about until he knew she was trustworthy.

She spun around and it made him happy. He quickly removed his smile realizing what he just thought. He couldn't be weak he needed to be strong and ruthless.

He wasn't meant for love nor did he want it.

He fixed his jacket and as he was about to turn inside he heard a small yell.

He quickly saw Daniele in the ground hugging her legs she was hurt.

He ran outside into the soaking it and ran to Danny who was blowing in her knees to stop the burning from her scrape.

I'm fine " she told him but he shook his head no.

He picked her up bridal style and led her inside. As he laid her on the sofa he examined her "God damnit something could've happened to you ! You could have broken your neck !" He scolded her checking her minor injury.

She stared at him in such confusion he never cared this way or showed compassion.

He too soon realized what he did and stopped himself. He got up and threw his jacket on the sofa "I want this dry cleaned by morning and make sure you help the maids with dinner he said and left Daniele stunned and hurt.

"I shouldn't be hurt or fell betrayed , he owns me I work for him it's not like he'd ever show anything towards me nor I him" she kept telling herself

I need to leave soon