Chapter Two : Aphrodite And Adonis?

Chapter Two: Aphrodite And Adonis?

Trudging into the classroom, the first thing I spotted was Cayden, sitting at his usual table which was near the window, with several jocks and cheerleaders joking around with him. Emily was on his lap, twirling her hair seductively while planting a kiss on Cayden's lips every now and then. Trying to be as quiet as I could, I tip-toed, attempting to slip into one of the first few seats.

It was at that moment when I looked up, Cayden's eyes meeting mine. His eyes lit up immediately, as he ignored Emily, waving furiously at me like some excited little puppy. I gave a small, cheery wave in return, ignoring the daggers given by Emily.

Cayden pointed towards the seat beside him and I winced, shaking my head. His face fell, and he stopped talking, which the people around him noticed. Soon enough, all the people at that table was staring at me in disgust, whispering quietly. I looked away, as I sat near Christian, one of my good friends in this school.

Christian scrunched up his nose as he looked at Cayden. It was obvious that he didn't like Cayden judging by the way he acted around him, but Cayden being the innocent little lamb, would never notice it.

"Christian!" I hissed, feeling rather displeased with the looks he was shooting my best friend.

He looked at me, shurgging. " I can't help it."

I glared at him angrily. He was a perfectly good friend, but the only thing that pissed me off was his obvious hate for Cayden. " You're hopeless."

"Glad that you know it."

I huffed, plopping down on the seat, earning me a chuckle from him.

"Where's Mel and Jess ?" I asked him as I took out the necessary materials needed for this lesson, preparing myself.

"They don't have a lot of classes with us, just Physics and P.E."

I buried my head in my hands, my voice muffled. " Fantastic."

Christian laughed again as he scooted closer to me. " Sarcasm is always your strong forte."

"Glad that you know it," I repeated his words on purpose, as I grinned.

When I looked up, I saw everyone shuffling into their seats as quickly as possible. Anthony, the joker among the jocks, screamed. " Mr Ostrich is coming!"

Everyone settled down immediately, as the class went deadly silent. The tapping of leather shoes could be heard, and Mr Ostrich came strutting into the classroom, holding a stack of worksheets. I groaned internally, but kept a poker face on the outside.

"Class!" he boomed, and after greeting him, he sat on his chair, crossing his legs as he looked at us. His head was bald, and you could even see a hint of light reflected from it. We didn't mean to joke around with his preferred hair-style, but that nickname was stuck with him the moment we met him, and we knew it wasn't going to change.

Ever.

"As a welcome-to-school gift, I'm going to give you all a project to do," he started, his eyes scanning us as we kept silent, though I'm sure we were cursing him mentally, " Any problems?"

"No, Mr Ostrich!"

Shit.

We all looked around, and I glanced at Christian, whose face was red since he was trying desperately to reign in his laughter. If he laughed, we're doomed. Everyone knew it as they stared pleadingly at Christian, urging him to have self-control.

Mr Evans, otherwise known as Mr Ostrich, narrowed his eyes dangerously at all of us. " What did you all call me?"

I gulped. Mr Evans was also one of the strictest teacher in this school, and giving a class detention was no mean feat for him.