"We should run," Finn suggested.

     "For once," Jinny muttered. "Good idea."

     Bellamy glanced at her before they took off in opposite directions at the same time. The figures gave chase immediately, darting and meandering easily through the woodland terrain. Jinny jumped over logs and sidestepped exposed roots that twisted like menacing hands to grab hold of her. Her breath came out in anxious gasps, adrenaline rushing through her veins like an injection of sulfuric acid.

     Their group eventually converged together in a single file line with Bellamy in the lead. The Grounders continued to pursue them from every possible direction. The mossy foliage beneath their feet flourished without care to their peril.

     "What are we gonna do? They keep heading us off!" Diggs shouted.

     "Just keep running!" Finn responded.

     "I don't think I can last much longer!" Jasper shouted from the back.

     "I'm sick of running anyway," Bellamy said, stopping abruptly and turning around.

     "Hey, what are you doing?" Finn reached out to grab his arm.

     "Bye, good luck!" Jinny called out as she zoomed past. She managed to catch a glimpse of Bellamy's exasperated expression.

      "I'm not stopping for him!" Diggs yelled behind her.

     She continued to run as fast as her feet could take her, going through a section of the forest where the barks were browner and less accumulated with heavy lichen. There was a sudden loud whistle that made her stop in her tracks. Jinny turned to the side and squinted her eyes to look out for its source. There was a Grounder sitting in one of the trees, camouflaged amidst its thick leaves, a hand cupped over his mouth. He whistled once more just as Diggs ran past.

     The boy had only made it to twenty meters in front of her when he seemingly tripped and stumbled. In the next two seconds, a large wooden arm swung out of nowhere and impaled him in the chest with a metal rod attached to it. Jinny gasped out loud as she started in shock. That would have been her if not for the Grounder whistling. She changed course and sprinted into the trees on her left.

     "Diggs?! Jinny?!" She could hear Roma calling, before a shrill scream rang throughout the woods.

     Jinny searched the canopy and the never ending green haze of the thicket. She had no idea which direction was which anymore when she detected movement on the right corner of a large tree. She picked a stone up from the ground and threw it in that direction, earning a sharp cry for her accuracy.

     "Stop hiding from me!" she yelled. "I know you're there! You helped me! Now tell me where's Octavia! Where is my friend?!"

     The Grounder leapt onto the branch of another tree with impressive skill and dexterity, getting lost between the leaves once again. She followed relentlessly, running tirelessly on the ground below. Then there was another cry- this time of panic- and the Grounder fell, hanging upside down in front of her path.