Chapter Three

"You killed her!" I groan turning over on my bed. Did I forget to turn off the t.v again? Great did I stay up late watching thrillers again. I lift my head up slowly yawning making eye contact with a boy with dark brown eyes.

   "What the hell?" I yell pulling my covers over me hiding my fully clothed body.He gives me a childish smile and extends his hand out as if this is the most normal thing in the world. 

  "Never mind Michael I'm Calum" I sit up looking around.Who the hell is Michael? And  Last time I checked I didn't have empty pizza boxes on my nightstand. I look down at my blanket and see a Nirvana blacket. This isn't my room.My mom would never let me get this blanket 

  "Um look over there" I say jumping out of the bed running towards the door. I feel the panic spreading through my body remembering what happened last night.  The boys red cold eyes filling up my thoughts. The girl screaming for help the blood trailing down her neck. It was all real. It wasn't a nightmare it was real. I shake my head meeting the cold red eyes from last night. 

  "Well I'm gonna go downstaris this time don't almost kill her alright mate?" Calum says shaking his head as he walks out the room. 

  "Let me go" I say trying to sound calm when in reality I'm about two seconds from peeing my pants. 

  "You can't leave"

  "Wha-Why?" I stutter looking into his bright red eyes.Oh gosh I'm not ready to die. I mean I haven't even been to jack in the box. He laughs throwing his head back acting as if I just told the funniest joke in the world.

  "If I let you go then your going to go tell the world what I am" 

  "Woah there dude I don't even know what you are alright so no worries now just let me go" I ramble waving my hands in the air. 

  "What drinks human blood? Come on it's not that hard" He taunts leaning against the doorway.

  "So your a vampire?" I ask raising my eyebrow suspiciously. I mean the curtain windows are wide open and he doesn't seemed to be fazed by it. 

  "Yeah"

  "Then why aren't you sparking?" I ask him remembering the movie twilight I saw last week. I mean if this dude was really a vampire wouldn't he be sparking?  Wait What if he can read my mind? Crap does he know I'm about to pee my pants? Crap come on violet stop thinking about it. 

  "Because this isn't fucking twilight" He snaps rolling his eyes. I sigh in disappointment crossing my arms.

  "Well this just got boring" I mumble under my breath sitting back down on the bed. Maybe when he is not looking I could jump out the window. 

  "Why did you do it?"

  "Do what?" 

  "Save that girl I mean you clearly don't know how to fight so why would you risk your safety for hers?" 

  "Wouldn't you?" 

   "I would have let her die" I widen my eyes in shock. How did he even know I saved her? He came after she ran away.  

  "How did you know I saved her?"

  "Answer my question" He growls coming closer to me. His red eyes turning darker. "Did you do it because you were hoping she would give you a reward for saving her?"

  "No" I snap glaring  up at the boy. 

  "Then why? What was in it for you?" 

  "I did it because she needed someone to help her" 

  "Oh so you did it out of the goodness of your heart yeah fucking right tell me the truth" He grabs my waist pulling me against him. I would have turned red if I wasn't so pissed off.  

  "Look some people actually do nice things for no reason. Not everyone has selfish motives" The tension between us feels awkward.  "Now can you let me go? Because at this rate my mom is never going to let me leave the house again. I'm probably   on the news already" 

 "How old are you?"

  "18"

   "And you still listen to you're mom? Shouldn't you be going though the I hate everything faze right now?"

  "I'm starting to hate you does that count?"

   "There's pizza downstairs if your hungry don't bother trying to escape its a waste of time"