~Chapter 3~ Start With The Start

Depuis le début

Suddenly Mom came to room and said: bachho come on. Uncle is here.

Yeah Dad was coming today from his business trip. We went outside and hugged him. We all settled down in dining room while having our drinks with food made by my Punjabi Mom.

After finishing dinner with lots of talks, I went to kitchen to keep the plates. I was doing my work when Navya came in.

Navya said pouring herself water: so?

I looked at her confusingly and said: so?

Navya smiled and drank some water from her glass: found someone?

I shook my head and said: nope. Don't need anyone Navya.

Navya sighed and stood just beside me: Nandu. You need to understand. Abhi tumhe lagega ki tumhe kisi ki zaroorat nahi he, but what when you grow old? Everyone needs someone. So do you.

I sighed and said: Navya I know that too. I am trying to come over my past. But it's just not happening. Everytime I just stop myself. I am scared that I will be hurt again.

Just then we heard another voice from the kitchen door: you don't need to be scared Nandini.

Cabir entered in the kitchen and stood in front of us.

He continued: everyone is not just the same. You need to trust for that.

I sighed and turned my face: what do you guys think? I am not trying. Yes, I am trying, but it's just I am not been able to find that right man.  

Navya turned me around and said: why? Haven't you seen so many hot boys staring at you. I mean you deal with almost hot man in your professional life. Date anyone of them. See what happens and then decide whether you want to go ahead or stop there.

I gave an angry glare to Navya: Navya I don't mix my professional and personal life. And besides with whom I deal with, they all are happily married so. Please.

She gave angry glare to me back and said: fine then stay alone all your life.

And she walked out of kitchen angrily. I looked at Cabir who was standing there with no expression on his face.

I looked at him and said: what?

He gave me a look and said: tell me the truth Nandini. Kya koi bhi nahi he to whom you can date?

I suddenly remembered Manik's face. Why on earth I am remembering his face? Like what is the connection? May be my mind and heart are giving me signs to date him. But why would I date him? I know 0% of him. Like what he does right now? is he married or not? And after that day, being so rude its difficult. And from where will I contact him?

Suddenly Cabir shook me and said: oh hello. I am asking you something. 1 minute am I missing something? Are you seeing anyone?

I shook my head and said: NO Cabir. I am not seeing anyone. It's just I am confused. I mean where do I start from.

He smiled and hugged me in sideways: start from the start. Be friend first. Know him first, then decide. Hmm?

I nodded and hugged him back and then we went to living room to join my only family.

I think Cabir is right. I think I need to start from the start.

----------------------------------------------------

It was Sunday noon and I was sitting in 'Hola Café' with my favourite expresso coffee. It's been my routine I used to come on Sunday to café to have coffee and read my book. In other words, it's my time to be with myself. But today scene is a bit different. Today I am having a meeting. Yes, I know its Sunday but work is work. Right now I am waiting for the client to come.