_Another

Waking up in a world like this, is difficult for me. Ever since the monsters invaded, and ate or turned most of the humans, punched the happiness out of me.

I can't have water gun fights with my friend anymore, I can't eat ice cream and watch some YouTube, I can't even go outside.

A loud whistle was heard, signaling us to wake up and start moving. I got out of bed as soon as possible, not wanting to get scolded by Fearah.

Fearah is our leader. She saved us all from eighteen enraged monsters. We would've got them ourselves, but we were unarmed that time.

I walked into the bathroom and started washing up, and also grabbing a combat knife in the process. Just in case a monster attacks again, I actually have something to fight with instead of a toothpick.

The speed of me getting ready increases as I heard someone call me by my last name. Most parts of me wishes that it's not Fearah. I don't want to die today, no thank you.

"MOIRA!"

The door to my room swung open. My friend, Arixis, walked in. Seeing them instead of our leader calms me a little.

"Hey Arixis!"

"HI. LOOK MOIRA. I NEED YOUR HELP." They lift up their sleeve, a huge cut, and some unusual black liquid.

"Just call me Jixeri... AND OH MY GOD WE NEED TO GET TO FEARAH AND FAST." I grabbed their bleeding arm, and ran as fast as I could to Fearah's room.

Arixis kicked the door open, revealing our leader who was reading something about guns or whatever. She looked up at us and gasped.

"HASTEWING, WHAT HAPPENED?!" Fearah started treating the wound, in a painful way. "DID YOU GO OUT?!"

"There wasn't anymore fruit! So I left... And... This...- OW!" Arixis screeched in pain. I frowned upon seeing my friend like this. Just because of the monster invasion, people get hurt.

"Moira. Get Arixis to their room. I don't think they can even hold a sword." Fearah glared at them. "Also, make sure that they don't escape. None of you are allowed to got out unless you're trained. Training is cancelled today. I kind of overworked you all."

Nodding, I immediately brought Arixis to their room. Glaring at them the whole way. "WHY DID YOU DO THAT?! YOU KNOW YOU COULD GET KILLED!"

"Like I said, I needed fruit." They say. "And maybe I sort of wanted to see the outside world again."

I still frown at them. "Outside..."

"Yes. Outside. It isn't the same as before. The sky is all grey, the grass is now purple, and I don't think you can find clean water anymore." Arixis explained, now holding a saddened expression. "Though, I saw a cabin thing. It had light in it. Maybe we're not the only humans left! What if there's more... And we gather in one place, THEN A HUGE WAR STARTS!"

The frown is now replaced with a smile. Other humans, outside of this trashy place.

"Hey... Get ready... Tonight... We're going out." I said, Arixis looked at me as if I'm a monster. "We're going to check that thing out."

We both smiled evilly, starting to form a plan on how to get pass Fearah and the trained ones.

This is gonna be though, but fun.