All He Needed Was Confidence

It was the day of the first Quidditch of the year. I'd been helping train the other beater and the temporary chaser Dean. Katie was still in the hospital after being cursed so Dean stepped in to be our chaser for this match. We weren't perfect, but so far none of the Slytherins had bothered Dean or the other beater.

The same couldn't be said about Ron he was losing his confidence again. Harry told me not to worry about it and that he'd handle it. So I left it to him to give Ron a hand the day of the match.

I saw him take the bottle of liquid luck that he won in potions from Slughorn. Hermione told Ron to not drink the juice that she thought Harry put the potion in. When Ron saw him put the bottle back into his pocket. He drank the juice and got his confidence back.

I knew Harry didn't really give him the potion. Ron and Hermione only think he did. I was impressed by brothers trick. Ginny walked with me down into the changing rooms before the game.

We changed into our Quidditch robes and listened to Harry give a short speech. He did a good job and we grabbed our brooms leaving the room. When Harry shook hands with the other captain. The other captain tried to crush his hand and it didn't work.

We took to the air and the bludgers were released followed by the snitch. When the quaffle was released the game began. Ginny took position of the quaffle and I raced after the nearest bludger. I sent it at the other teams keeper as Ginny headed towards the goal.

It worked and the keeper dodged the bludger giving Ginny a clear line to the center hoop. She took it and won the first ten points of the game. Ron was doing an amazing job so far he'd blocked every goal.

When Harry caught the snitch we won the match by a landslide. There was a party in the common room. Everyone was telling Ron how great he was, as I watched from beside Harry and Hermione.

When Hermione told Harry he shouldn't of giving Ron the potion. He told her he could of just used the confundus charm. Hermione blushed saying that was different and that it wasn't a game.

Harry showed her the full bottle of liquid luck and she finally understood want he'd done. They looked at Ron as Lavender kissed him. Hermione left the common room and I followed her with Harry behind me.

We found her crying with some birds flying around her. She told Harry it was charm as he sat next to her. I would watched as he comforted her and remembered when Draco would do that with me.

Then Ron appeared with a giggling Lavender. She left and Hermione sent her birds to attack Ron. He left after that to follow his new girlfriend. Hermione cried again and this time I gave her hug along with Harry.