Both felt something wiggled between his shoulder blades and her neck.

"I'm here." a small, feminine voice sounded, and the way his partner sighed he knew it was her kwami. "You almost suffocate me Ma -"

"I AM SO HAPPY YOU'RE FINE, TIKKI!" her charger immediately cut her dialogue with a high-pitched tone.

Despite being lethargic, Tikki looked at Marinette first, then to Adrien with incredulity.

"You haven't seen each other yet?!"

"No, Tikki. Not yet." It was Adrien who answered her.

It was tempting to take a sneak peak on Ladybug's kwami, but he has a cat's honor to uphold.

"It's nice to see you, Chat Noir. Though I wish you could say something similar to me."

"If Bugaboo permits." he chuckled when he felt his partner huffed. "By the way...have you seen Plagg?"

Marinette squeaked, jolting Adrien beneath her. As if on cue, Plagg flew out from his squashed position.

"This - this is horrible! Your girl friend almost killed me Adri -PHMFF!"

The teenagers could tell by the sound that the kwami was choked. They didn't know that Tikki arm-locked his neck.

"Wa - what the hell, Tikki! We haven't seen each other for almost a century and now you greeted me like this?"

"Aww, I miss you too." the kwami cooed sarcastically. "If only your mouth doesn't have a tendency to blabber."

There was a pause in the air, followed by a mild gasp.

"They still don't know?!"

Tikki hummed, but for some reason, Marinette knew her kwami made an eye roll there.

"Boohoo...cheese...I want cheese..."

"I can't believe you have the audacity to say that." Adrien's eyes twitched despite the lids were closed. "Why don't you help us get out of this place so that you can get your cheese?"

"First of all, you don't necessarily need me to rouse you two up from that ridiculous position." the black kwami scoffed. "And second, I don't know how to stop a running truck."

That was how realization hit them.

When Chat Noir leaped on top of a ten-wheeler cargo, the vehicle already swiveled to move westward. He was on the roof's base so he knew the driver wouldn't see him through his side mirrors.

But before he could go to the front windows and halt the driver for a short inquiry, Ladybug took him by surprise and landed on top of him.

And unfortunately, they collided just as their transformation dropped.

Which means that their body lost the Miraculous suit that could protect them from the painful impact.

Hence, the agony.

"That wasn't a soft landing." the girl muttered. "The driver must've noticed us that we're on board."

He could've laughed on her unintentional pun, but already lost the mood. She wasn't heavy per se, but her weight was making him uncomfortable.

Plus his mind was reeling from something else.

"I think the driver was distracted to notice you two. He's playing Jagged Stone's in high volume." Tikki chirped. "Too preoccupied to notice my presence when I checked inside."

"Not even a single cheese there," Plagg added.

"Gee, thanks for that information." the boy scowled, then asked his companion. "Do you have something to feed on Tikki?"