Sandcastles

Hey guys I hope y'all enjoyed the previous chapter.

So my original plan was to publish this book later in the year like December or maybe late November so that I could have enough time to at least write a few chapters and figure out what I'd like to happen in this book but yeah.

I don't know I guess I got a little impatient so I might not publish for a while.

So here it is...

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

Three Years Later

"Just remind me again, why exactly are you moving to Seattle?" Imani asked standing at the threshold of my room with her arms folded and a frown on her face.

"I bought a publishing house there," I said setting clothes onto my bed carefully before walking back into my walk in closet.

"And moving is such a... drastic word to use. It sounds permanent and I plan on coming back - when I'm done of course," I explained while sorting through clothes I want to take with me.

"So why do you even have to go? Can't you just send people? It's what you usually do," she pointed out and even though I couldn't see her face I could picture her frown deepening.

"I could," I paused turning the thought over in my head before shaking it off.

"But I want a hands on approach with this one," I explained pulling out a daring red two piece suit, that the girls talked me into buying a month ago, and lay it on my bent arm atop the other outfits that I'd be taking.

"Or is this some excuse to get away from here because of your sister and Mike?" She asked as I walked back into my room with more clothes and shoes that I'd hastily grabbed on my way out of the closet.

"It's not," I stated firmly, not bothering to meet her heated gaze, which I'm sure was full of accusation if her tone was anything to go by.

"It's really not," I refute once more when she hums and makes no further comment. "I'm just expanding my business and that is it. Temporarily moving to Seattle nothing to do with them. It's been three years going on four." I said thinking about their quick engagement after our very public breakup since one of the guests or staff took a video of what happened and sold it for the highest bidder.

That video was on every news channel, paper and magazine. I had paparazzi following my every move when I had gotten back from our all girls trip. Had television hosts asking for exclusive interviews and journalists trying to get information out of me.

"I understand," Imani sighed.

"Do you?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"No. I don't!" She exclaimed her voice raising an octave higher making me roll my eyes. I knew she wouldn't understand.

"But besides that I really would like to know how no one knew about this." I lifted a files off of my bed and handed them to her.

She sat on the bed and opened the file that has been compiled of SIP's statement of comprehensive income that was randomly selected over the past ten to fifteen years.

"You know what you're looking at?" I asked.

"Of course I do," she scoffed as she continued reading. "It hasn't been that long since I'd been in school."

"I don't know what you want me to look for. These all look fine to me," she said waving the file around in frustration.

"That's exactly what they wanted me to think too. Until I hired a forensic auditor who found this," I said handing her another file that contained reports that I'd gotten a little over a month ago from a forensic auditor. I waited patiently as she skimmed through the report.

Fifty Shades Of Something Differentजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें